The Division 2 - March 2019

Soldato
the current gear score is very misleading.

Casual players look at it and think if I'm 500 gs I'm ready to handle anything, or want to raid and feel offended when other players inspect them and try to explain why they will be a hindrance rather than help.

My clan takes in any player that wants to play the game, but if you want to raid we're happy to take you once you meet some basic requirements, which we're happy to explain and teach, but a lot of the casual player base aren't interested. To be honest a part of me doesn't blame them, things aren't very clear and quite complex.

Get past the gear score problems and rng and it's pretty good. Massive are making some changes to skill builds which is good and are improving a number of existing systems that are currently problematic.

I wish Division 2 was just an expansion of Division 1 with DC added with all the content in Division 1, because Division 1 took years to get it where it was amazing towards the end of the game, now it's dead and we're going through the same process almost with Division 2.

But I personally enjoy Division 2 for all it's problems, it's a great game to play.

Soldato
the current gear score is very misleading.

Casual players look at it and think if I'm 500 gs I'm ready to handle anything, or want to raid and feel offended when other players inspect them and try to explain why they will be a hindrance rather than help.

My clan takes in any player that wants to play the game, but if you want to raid we're happy to take you once you meet some basic requirements, which we're happy to explain and teach, but a lot of the casual player base aren't interested. To be honest a part of me doesn't blame them, things aren't very clear and quite complex.

Get past the gear score problems and rng and it's pretty good. Massive are making some changes to skill builds which is good and are improving a number of existing systems that are currently problematic.

I wish Division 2 was just an expansion of Division 1 with DC added with all the content in Division 1, because Division 1 took years to get it where it was amazing towards the end of the game, now it's dead and we're going through the same process almost with Division 2.

But I personally enjoy Division 2 for all it's problems, it's a great game to play.
Div 2 is boring at end game. Not much to do

Associate
You can get to end game in under 30 hours very easily just from doing missions , To be honest I've got to end game and got a little bored. If your one of them people that like to complete all the tasks then you could spend well over 100 hours doing that.

Associate
I am still Level 25, so way to go. But I enjoy the game quite a lot. It looks great. The missions and side missions are fun and the AI is quite diverse as well and challenging sometimes. The best part for me is matchmaking with someone and doing missions together. Everything seems easy to do.

May be I will not be saying the same when I reach Level 30 and grind towards 500 :)

Associate
You can get to end game in under 30 hours very easily just from doing missions , To be honest I've got to end game and got a little bored. If your one of them people that like to complete all the tasks then you could spend well over 100 hours doing that.
Cool, I'm playing quite casually with an hour or two here and there, so it will likely take a while.

Soldato
I found what annoyed me with this game and barely played it. Is the damn TAA.
Override it tonight with 2x SMAA, and AF16 from AMD game profile, and without losing any fps on the V64, the game looks much much better.

Man of Honour
I found what annoyed me with this game and barely played it. Is the damn TAA.
Override it tonight with 2x SMAA, and AF16 from AMD game profile, and without losing any fps on the V64, the game looks much much better.

It is one of the better implementations of Temporal AA but I have mixed feelings about it - it does handle certain kind of visual artefacts very well but on the other hand doesn't have the crisp clean look of some decent super sampling.

Soldato
It is one of the better implementations of Temporal AA but I have mixed feelings about it - it does handle certain kind of visual artefacts very well but on the other hand doesn't have the crisp clean look of some decent super sampling.

Tried to log in right now and post here 2 different screenshots, one with TAA the other with override SMAA but is raining in game :D
SMAA it is, and haven't seen any performance drop on the V64.

Associate
The new content drops tomorrow Agents - be ready :)

"Agents, maintenance incoming tomorrow, July 23rd, to deploy Episode 1 and Title Update 5. 05:30 PM ACT / 09:30 AM CEST / 03:30 AM EDT / 12:30 AM PDT, approximately 3 hours. Patch notes will be available during the maintenance!"

Last edited:
Soldato
I jumped on this evening and could not decide what to do. Is there anything worth doing before new game content tomorrow?

He is currently 473.

Back
Top Bottom