• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zen 2 Owners Thread!

Caporegime
So I went to fixed voltage and now I get lower idle temps. Also now I dont get those nasty voltage spikes.

Instead of overclocking all cores to the same speed, I overclocked one of my 1st CCX higher and the second 2nd CCX lower to reduce temps. I have now a "fast" CCX for single core, along with a slower CCX to reduce temps in all cores. Similar to how phones work now.

But single threaded software wont be automatically allocated to the faster CCX will it?

Caporegime
3700x incoming from ocuk tomorrow.
x570 taichi.
vega 64 blower but that will be swapped out soon.
g.skill ram that i bought a while back that's rated out of the box as 3600CL16 so it it go higher im hoping?
I got a 970 1tb nvme evo off rain forrest cheap so that will be the primary boot drive. Bunch of other nvme and sata ssd to plug into other slots. mechanical drives are going to finally get scrapped.
240 aio cooler.

upgrading from a cheap b350 mobo and ryzen 1700 that i ran at 3.85, ram was 3466c16.

old setup was far from bad but im hoping for some visible improvements.

Just installed my Taichi and 3700X. The BIOS on mine was the release BIOS so make sure to update yours to the latest. Looks to be a load of fixes.

TrM

TrM

Associate
So, did you guys have to do anything special to get your RAM running at its stock speeds, because according to Ryzen Master and CPU-Z mine is running at 1600MHz....

looking at your sig and i could be wrong (you may of brought new ram with cpu and mobo) but your ram is running at xmp 2 x 1600mhz = 3200mhz kit which matches your sig specs

Associate
looking at your sig and i could be wrong but your ram is running at xmp 2 x 1600mhz = 3200mhz kit which matches your sign specs

Forgive my ignorance, I've never really worried about RAM clocks before, but Ryzen Master is showing Coupled Mode: On, Memory Clock: 1600, and Fabric Clock: 1600. :confused:

TrM

TrM

Associate
Forgive my ignorance, I've never really worried about RAM clocks before, but Ryzen Master is showing Coupled Mode: On, Memory Clock: 1600, and Fabric Clock: 1600. :confused:

https://gyazo.com/1b6d512c1ce6cf80a22a1377b00de86f

thats a screenshot of ryzen master and mine is setup as xmp in bios and yours matches mine so your ram is working as intended. when it comes down to ddr speeds you double what programs show :)

Caporegime
well it looks like the MAX 450 boards should be available in just over a week. i guess this explains all the sales on the older 450 boards and 470 boards. no bios flash needed either just drop in the new cpus. should help sell the new cpus.

Permabanned
5a2fbf01efcac238b6cad998f7367115f3d062bb.jpeg

Cb11.5 scores updated on my folder that remembers my phenom X3 :]

Associate
I was going to watercool all of this to replace my main setup. Now looking at general results I may aswell AIO the CPU and AIO the 2080ti. (Easier for upgrading anyway)

Maybe not as pretty but the cooling is within 1-2 degrees

Soldato
Struggling with some weird high pitched whining noise coming from my PC. I thought it was a CPU fan at first but literally unplugging all the fans (and setting GPU fan to 0) doesn't help. Must be the GPU or PSU but both of those were from my old rig and I didn't have the problem there...unless it was masked by louder case fans or something.

I guess I'll have to try a different PSU to rule that out. :(

Associate
Struggling with some weird high pitched whining noise coming from my PC. I thought it was a CPU fan at first but literally unplugging all the fans (and setting GPU fan to 0) doesn't help. Must be the GPU or PSU but both of those were from my old rig and I didn't have the problem there...unless it was masked by louder case fans or something.

I guess I'll have to try a different PSU to rule that out. :(

X570 motherboard?

Associate
X470, see sig. I'll be annoyed if it is the motherboard since I can't do much about that. Swapping a PSU is relatively cheap and painless!

Ah, apologies. I'm on my phone at the moment, and it doesn't show signatures. I was thinking chipset fan, but obviously that's not the case with an X470? What about case fans? Coil whine?

Soldato
Ah, apologies. I'm on my phone at the moment, and it doesn't show signatures. I was thinking chipset fan, but obviously that's not the case with an X470? What about case fans? Coil whine?
Just done some testing. It still makes the noise with a different GPU, both CPU fans disconnected, and all 3 case fans disconnected. So it must be the PSU or motherboard I guess. I don't have a spare PSU to test but will do when I'm putting together the wife's new rig. Sadly that probably won't happen until next week.

Back
Top Bottom