Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Think i'd prefer a E46 330ci over a polo :rolleyes:

100%, but it's such a weird comparison isn't it? The benefits of the Polo here are that it's not going to have a slew of old car issues.

E46's look amazing and drive amazing, silky smooth driving and a timeless design - but with one huge caveat, that you keep fully on top of all of it's foibles (of which there can be many, and as time marches on, they'll continue to increase).

For me, I just couldn't be bothered anymore - I bought an E39 for £1.7k a couple of years back fully with the intention that if it broke I'd get rid of it, because they're not worth throwing money at. But that Polo is clearly their pride and joy... it's a different situation altogether.

Soldato
Not been active much here but since selling the M4, I got a Stage 4.25 GTR (pic below) then changed to a 2016 GT4 which I fell in love with after seeing it at the dealership! Since then I've done quite a few miles and trackdays at Knockhill, Croft, Donnington and already done two trips to Spa-Francorchamps and the Nurburgring GP and Nordschliefe this year (2019) Enjoying the car. Mods are: 200 CEL cats and downpipes, GT3 throttlebody, IPD intake plenum and X pipe. Enjoy the pics.

gtr.jpg

GTR on a rare, sunny day in Scotland.

car1.jpg

Day I saw the GT4. I actually went to view a silver one, but after seeing this I fell in love!

car2.jpg

Collection Day under the covers. The first time I had this experience.

car3.jpg

In the dealership, signing paperwork.

car4.jpg

And where the car feels at home!:cool::cool:

And it wouldn't be me without an MX5 thrown in there, which funnily is faster than the GT4 :D

mx51.jpg

mx52.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Excellent to look at as well. Prefer how it looks vs its stablemates the Golf and Octavia. Shame they lose out on AWD vs the Golf R, but I guess it means less drivetrain loss and less manufacturing cost, so lower prices.

Soldato
Excellent to look at as well. Prefer how it looks vs its stablemates the Golf and Octavia. Shame they lose out on AWD vs the Golf R, but I guess it means less drivetrain loss and less manufacturing cost, so lower prices.

More importantly, no haldex means less weight, which means on a rolling start the cupra is slightly quicker :),

Sadly the launch control on the Cupra is a waste of time, wheel spin galore.

Back
Top Bottom