World of Warcraft: Classic

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Might be a dumb question but here goes.

I don't have access to my old blizzard account and I don't have any type of WoW account on my current account - what will be the initial cost for me to start playing? Will I have to buy WoW, again?

If you speak to Blizzard you can potentially get your old account back.

Soldato
@Robi there's already an OcUK Battle.net community group going if it helps, think I might be admin actually. Invite link is here: https://blizzard.com/invite/X2K2zYCV54.

I'll add that I've got about 8-10 IRL mates who're gonna be playing (we all raided in Vanilla). Also going Alliance on a PvP server.

Good stuff - I've updated the spreadsheet now.

I can't for the life of me remember what email was used - we're talking about 10 years ago when I played WoW last.

If you speak to chat and give them your old character name, realm and faction, they should be able to retrieve your old account. That's exactly what they did to my old account.

Soldato
Created a Google spreadsheet character list: click here.

@ShortWarning - please can you confirm the missing details for you and your RL friends?

@McBain - also you.

:)

Updated my details on there. Looking like Ally is going to be the option...no Shaman for me then :(

Any reason so many are drawn to Alliance? I have 99% played Horde as everytime I try Alliance it just feels boring...

Soldato
Updated my details on there. Looking like Ally is going to be the option...no Shaman for me then :(

Any reason so many are drawn to Alliance? I have 99% played Horde as everytime I try Alliance it just feels boring...

Thanks for updating your details :)

For me and my RL friends it's simply nostalgia. We all played alliance in vanilla.

Associate

Overall there is more interest in Horde for pvp with better racials and most popular streamers playing as horde.
I remember they were always the better side in battlegrounds. On a popular Wow forum there is a poll going with a 56% win for horde currently.
Alliance has Asmongold as well which is embarrassing, but seems we are going for nostalgia. Goldtooth and Hogger

Guild is looking promising

Soldato
OP
Will anyone be playing US east/west coast? I'm really torn, I'm moving back to Europe next September (Amsterdam) into a house I'll be buying so it's very unlikely I'll be leaving the EU again for many years. So do I play on EU servers and suffer bad ping for a while but have a decent toon for when the move happens or just trial it out on the US servers?

Caporegime
Will anyone be playing US east/west coast? I'm really torn, I'm moving back to Europe next September (Amsterdam) into a house I'll be buying so it's very unlikely I'll be leaving the EU again for many years. So do I play on EU servers and suffer bad ping for a while but have a decent toon for when the move happens or just trial it out on the US servers?

You could start US, then pay for a server migration? Used to be £15 IIRC.

That's if cross region transfers are even possible.

Edit: Its not :(

Soldato
OP
Yea, they've never supported regional transfer, found out the hard way when I moved over from the UK... Thought I could continue playing on EU, the ping wasn't too bad, it was just that the server was DEAD when I was playing in the evenings.

Back
Top Bottom