• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is Destiny 2 still broken on Ryzen 3000 series?

Soldato
Of course they do, but I'm glad to see the response has been quick, and this hasnt dragged out for long.
Look at some of the other known issues in this industry and the lengthy response times we sometimes have to deal with!

Associate
OK thanks so much for the update: Question Do I just update the beta driver or should I uninstall the old one first ? No Fears I have made several partial and full backups so I can toast windows and restore it.
My first choice just update it ya?

Soldato
Installed the new beta driver on 3900x/x570 combo and it works! Awesome!

Got it all running on my test bench with a temporary boot drive (Win 10 install from a X99 build so not exactly ideal) and my old OG Titan:

hoXThn6l.jpg

Oh, and my wife will be annoyed, I have stolen her RAM....

OxpueDhl.jpg

When it comes to performance, I don't know if its a placebo but D2 seems to be running better even with this old Titan. Observed CPU clocks were between 4.2 and 4.4Ghz (tabbing out and quickly checking HW Monitor so not 100% accurate).

EDIT: Also the Wraith Max is really quite loud! I was expecting acoustics more in line with the little Wraith Stealth on my wife's 2600 (can be seen in the pic above) but the Max is WAY louder.

Associate
Yaaaa OK Destiny 2 works now! have not tested for very long will do that later. Now my temps went up a bit but not enough to freak me out and as long as there are no crashes i'm good to go. I did not uninstall it was a .exe file so I just ran it.

Caporegime
OK thanks so much for the update: Question Do I just update the beta driver or should I uninstall the old one first ? No Fears I have made several partial and full backups so I can toast windows and restore it.
My first choice just update it ya?

I just installed the new driver over the existing one, it worked fine, i think either way works fine. :)

Soldato
EDIT: Also the Wraith Max is really quite loud! I was expecting acoustics more in line with the little Wraith Stealth on my wife's 2600 (can be seen in the pic above) but the Max is WAY louder.
Ensure the switch is on "low" (default I think) then set the fan manually to whatever level you find appropriate. I guarantee you'll barely lose any performance.

Soldato
Of all games in the world, nobody asked why Destiny 2. Apparently is using RDRAND x86 instruction on Intel Haswell+, and AMD Jaguar+, and the new Zen 2 platform returns -1 value :D
Same problem exists on Linux booting on some distros using RDRAND x86 instructions.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1729268

So of all games only Destiny 2 and some Linux distros (eg Fedora 29/30 not older ones) are using those instructions. Older distros from 2018 have no issue.
Chances for someone to this pick it up, tiny.....

Associate
Oh Panos you would bring that up LOL I have so much to rant about that, people would have me thrown off this board. I too feel the same way this should not have even been an issue.

Soldato
Ensure the switch is on "low" (default I think) then set the fan manually to whatever level you find appropriate. I guarantee you'll barely lose any performance.

Wait, there’s a switch?! Oh FFS I have the thing on an open test bench and didn’t see a switch. I was feeling ill today but I must be worse than I thought! Major derp for me there!

Soldato
:D

Does remind me, in my quick test I did get a prime engram so I may be able to hit 750 after all! (Seriously I seem to get everything but the item I actually meed leaving me at 749..)

Soldato
ASRock released new UEFIs today for the X570 Taichi and B450M Steel Legend. The patch notes simply state:

Improve Destiny2 gaming experience with Matisse CPU.

It'd be interesting to see if they updated the CPU microcode compared to the last UEFIs. If so, it could be that AMD has fixed the underlying bug in microcode.

Associate
Wait, there’s a switch?! Oh FFS I have the thing on an open test bench and didn’t see a switch. I was feeling ill today but I must be worse than I thought! Major derp for me there!

If you find the switch, let me know where it is please! I was looking all last night after reading this thread and couldn't find one, nor find one in the Taichi manual (it gives you fitting instructions for the Wraith so I assumed it'd mention a switch).

If you're stuck at 749, you need to run the Niki Minaj-erie and get that lowest slot bumped up.

*edit* nevermind. Found the switch. Had it on L anyway so it's not going to get any quieter for me unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Soldato
If you find the switch, let me know where it is please! I was looking all last night after reading this thread and couldn't find one, nor find one in the Taichi manual (it gives you fitting instructions for the Wraith so I assumed it'd mention a switch).

If you're stuck at 749, you need to run the Niki Minaj-erie and get that lowest slot bumped up.

*edit* nevermind. Found the switch. Had it on L anyway so it's not going to get any quieter for me unfortunately :(

Excellent idea on the Menagerie! :)

Also my switch is also set to Low... dang it!

Soldato
So just set your fan speed manually then. I don't understand people leaving fans at varying speeds, that is far more annoying (at least to me) than a bearable, fixed speed. I just test each of my fans to find the maximum speed that isn't annoying and fix them to that speed. IIRC, my CPU fans are at 100% with LNA adapters (~1100 RPM), and my case fans are at ~1100 RPM (12cm) and ~800 RPM (14cm). The only varying fans in my system are the GPU fans because when they're in use I'll have headphones on. They're set to 0% up to 50 °C (i.e. not gaming), then 40% up until 70 °C because that's as loud as I'd like them normally. They'll go to 50% at 70+ °C but that rarely happens when I have the A/C on.

Soldato
I do but not when I am quickly testing a build on my test bench.

3900x will be running under a Celcius S36 (360mm AIO) with the fans set to minimum in the bios.

Back
Top Bottom