• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is Destiny 2 still broken on Ryzen 3000 series?

Associate
As per the title - wondering if Ryzen 3000 is working with Destiny 2 now, or if it still borks when started up?

Googling it just brings up loads of results about the problem and suggestions AMD are working on a BIOS fix.

Ta :)

Associate
OP
I agree. This can easily turn someone upgrading her/his system away or switch to what works. I'll be XXXX if i wanted to play this game.

Indeed. I would like to upgrade my rig so that my 2700x can be recycled into an Unraid server. I quite enjoy Destiny 2, so now I am either going to have to go Intel or accept for the time being, Destiny 2 will be a no go on Ryzen 3000.

Associate
OP
Well it's not just one game really. From what I understand, the 3000 series aren't implementing a random number generator instruction properly - an instruction that seems to have been part of X86 for sometime?

Search for 'rdrand' and you will see what I mean. Also, it causes some Linux kernels issues. Whilst Destiny 2 might be the game not working now, who is to say other games won't work?

Back
Top Bottom