Poll: Hungarian Grand Prix 2019, Budapest - Race 12/21

Rate the 2019 Hungarian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Max in a Merc, I cannot see, the salary cost - Max and Lewis would take points from one another. Yes from a TV audience perspective Liberty would love it!

History shows it rarely ends well. Whilst there is mutual respect and they may race hard/fair without resorting to dirty tricks/politics - both in one team may be manageable... I doubt it though. Same with Alonso back to Red Bull - I think Honda might have a say in this...

Bottas is having a bad spell, but to be honest, putting Ocon in the seat, I am not so sure. Bottas is known to the team, fast on his day and keeps harmony.

Hamilton is delivering (same as Verstappen) for their teams irrespective of their team mates...

I hope Merc play the long game and look to Russell/Norris.

Soldato
If they had pitted him then he would have come out behind Hamilton, and I'm not sure he had the speed to take it to Hamilton.
I mean after the first stop where Max came out well clear and went on to lose the gap almost instantly.

But yeah, completely agree that if Max had pitted a second time he would have been behind Hamilton and wouldn’t have got the lead back.

Associate
Hamilton again showing his class. I really don't get how people keep slating him when time and again he proves he's simply the best out there.

Too convenient to say the car is too strong and makes him look better. It's almost as if the best drivers don't end up in the best cars!

Associate
Associate
Good race. Surely that's it for Bottas. I cringed so hard at the few opening corners, locking brakes and thinking he was going to hit Hamilton.

I'm glad Hamilton put his foot down and let his driving do the talking. I thought it was despicable at Hockenheim when Hamilton crashed out and the 'Orange army' were cheering like mad.

People still questioning / hating on Hamilton is frankly lolworthy

Soldato
Hamilton even lapped everyone up to 5th place. Not quite sure if Verstappen also did the same, but he lapped at least up to 6th place:

https://www.racefans.net/2019/08/04/gasly-mystified-by-lost-pace-as-verstappen-laps-him-again/

Theres no mystery - he just isnt performing. RBR really need a better driver in that seat. But who?

Cant see them giving Daniil the drive, and I dont think Albon is ready. I think Daniil is the better driver overall, though. Will RBR take a non RBR program driver for a year to allow Albon to develop for another season?

In the cold light of day surely Daniil is still the best option?

Soldato
Theres no mystery - he just isnt performing. RBR really need a better driver in that seat. But who?

Cant see them giving Daniil the drive, and I dont think Albon is ready. I think Daniil is the better driver overall, though. Will RBR take a non RBR program driver for a year to allow Albon to develop for another season?

In the cold light of day surely Daniil is still the best option?

I'd like to see him back in the RB purely as some sort of payback for how they binned him from his seat to make room for Max.

Soldato
Red Bull really should have anticipated Mercedes doing a pit stop and have been ready to respond.

Got caught out big time.

What should they have done? Lewis was behind so the earliest Verstappen could stop was the next lap. He'd already have been behind.

they could have pitted earlier in their stint, and give up track position, knowing that Mercedes are better on tyres, and not knowing that the hards wouldn't last well until the end.

Soldato
Really? Do you not think they'll give Ocon or someone else a crack at it?

Im not sure they will. They need a safe pair of hands. Ocon has shown promise but has been out of a seat for a season.

Kimi would be a good option. Possibly even Ricciardo.

Keeping Bottas is possibly the least worst option to be fair.

Man of Honour
Im not sure they will. They need a safe pair of hands. Ocon has shown promise but has been out of a seat for a season.

Kimi would be a good option. Possibly even Ricciardo.

Keeping Bottas is possibly the least worst option to be fair.

You don't really want someone second to Hamilton who will be feeling like their days in the sport are numbered and they still haven't made their mark - it could potentially cost the team ultimately. A young aspiring driver with talent but who'll still play the team game and who still has time to make their mark and would be happier developing their way up the field would be a better bet.

Caporegime
It turned out to be a pretty good race in the end but was ultimately won by the pit wall. It's good to see two drivers flat out pushing one another though. Red Bull probably needed to pit Verstappen before Hamilton went in but it's a much easier decision to make with hindsight.

Soldato
You don't really want someone second to Hamilton who will be feeling like their days in the sport are numbered and they still haven't made their mark - it could potentially cost the team ultimately. A young aspiring driver with talent but who'll still play the team game and who still has time to make their mark and would be happier developing their way up the field would be a better bet.

Kimi is a WDC. Solid ability. As fast as anyone on the track really. Team player also. Bags consistent points.

I like Ocon. Hes a real talent, but im just not sure he is ready to be in a tier one team consistently dominating the F1 arena.

Back
Top Bottom