125cc European road trip, 1-2 weeks, two years' time

Caporegime
Gauging interest a bit, so far all the folks I've spoken to are interested and want in. Thought I'd drop a note in here in case anyone wants to join. There will be a budget for the bikes, max 125cc (you'll need a full licence obviously, can't ride outside of the UK on a CBT).

Rough idea so far:
Two years time, 1-2 weeks, various countries. We've already got support vehicles for luggage / tools / spares / whatever. Accommodation to be determined.

Max 125cc, probably will have a max budget.

We will get charities involved to raise some money for good causes too, it'll likely become a Youtube series as well.

I've got enough interest to warrant spending time drafting it all up, so I'll start this week.

Anyone in?

Soldato
It's an interesting idea but 125s...loooooolll nope. Even for a someone that isn't a gorilla they are not exactly fun to ride distances on once you've had a taste of bikes capable of actual motorway speeds. :p

Soldato
Yea doing and kind of distance on a 125.... It's fine until it's windy, then my god it feels like hard work.

Still, sounds fun. Could give me an excuse to buy an old Honda CG from like 1980 and clean it up.

I wouldn't like to commit at this stage, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Soldato
Soldato
Not one for me. We did our own budget bike battle last year, under £500 and under 400 cc. It was a good laugh but only bearable over a long weekend and with support. There’s no joy in slogging against a headwind at 45 mph, and constant breakdowns. The evening beers just won’t make up for it!

Soldato
Potentially interested; most fun I ever had on a bike was on a 125. Support vehicles are a great shout, although on 125's as others have mentioned, if it'd be a lot of motorways it'd be pretty uncomfortable

Tea Drinker
Don
If you're going to go wee go proper wee. These lads from Belgium were touring the UK on these 50cc garelli 2 strokes. I felt bad on my 1600cc 6cyl bmw being able to get up the ramp in the boat from 1500k of luxurious floating around Germany :)

8suhuMr.jpg

Caporegime
OP
If you're going to go wee go proper wee. These lads from Belgium were touring the UK on these 50cc garelli 2 strokes. I felt bad on my 1600cc 6cyl bmw being able to get up the ramp in the boat from 1500k of luxurious floating around Germany :)

Bit before my time, but the MBX is teh sex. I rode all around Holland on various 50s as a wee lad and have many stories to tell about it, but I'll save those for another time. All I'll say is that the Afsluitdijk at 70kph on a souped up Tomos on a windy day is terrifying.

I'm starting up the thread on FG this evening, I'll post up a link soon.

Back
Top Bottom