DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Associate
I'm getting a disturbing amount of color banding on this thing.

l0WGWAq.jpg
5pziFeS.jpg

It's the reason I sent back S2716DG last year, and based on various reports I ordered S2719DGF thinking that issue was pretty much gone. I must have landed a borked unit because I can't even find anyone else complaining about this.

Any ideas? I'm on RX Vega 56, Adrenalin 19.5.2, Windows 10 (upgraded from 1703 to 1903 and saw no difference), and the monitor is on factory settings.

Last edited:
Associate
This monitor is much better for gaming than the U2719D. Will be buying it myself once my pc is dispatched.
Google the model number for price comparisons ;)

yep iknow what your saying but i dont game to much thats why i asked the question is tnt panel worth it over IPS or vice versa as i dont game on my pc that much. since both monitors are the same price just about i wanted to know if the IPS would be better ? or not as i use TNT panals now samsung 2443 and wanted to know if the s2719DGF is better than them at blacks and angles ot would i be better of with IPS, but have never used on and dont know what this IPS glow is

Associate
That is pretty bad. Get an exchange from the seller.
I first want confirmation it's actually a problem with my unit. I wouldn't want to exchange it for the same thing.

Any chance someone could take a picture of their unit with one of the wallpapers I used, for confirmation? You'll find them by clicking on the photos in my post.

Associate
I am with Photobucket but the site is playing up today. Hopefully someone else can help you at least until I can upload.

Just took some pictures and while it does highlight a bit more banding it looks nothing like yours even in the pics.

Associate
Thanks for checking. What revision is yours though, and are you using an HDMI 2.0 cord?

BTW I hooked up the monitor to my Android phone via DisplayLink, and same result. Seems to rule out any software issue.

Associate
Mine was the earliest revision and is a very good unit with excellent gamma.

There are a few pics on page 12 if they haven't been removed by photobucket.

I am using an Accell Display Port cable.

Associate
Lucky you—somehow I always get screwed on monitor lottery.

Mine says march 2019 and the serial number ends with A01. What would be funny is if that entire batch turned out to be low gamma ******** and I'm the first to notice and complain.

But yeah that settles it I'm getting an exchange.

Soldato
I had this monitor all of 3 days. Got g sync working with it really well, really impressed. Until.....

Playing Witcher 3 for around 45 minutes, graphic temps around 72-75. not bad considering my room and current climate in the UK.

Starting hearing a huge tinnitus whistling type sound so loud you can hear it downstairs. Had people asking me to turn the sound off. Sounded like some sort of alarm!

Exit Witcher 3 and the noise stops. I go into my Nvidia Control Panel and the monitor has reverted to 60hz...i select the 155hz option press "Apply" and it reverts to 60hz instantly. i try this 3 times and get the same result. it wont budge from 60hz.

Switched back to my old 144hz monitor and everything works fine, 144hz G-Sync no problem.

TLDR; I think the freesync unit has gone on my new Dell monitor, i'll double test it again tomorrow after work but likely going to return for a refund.

Man of Honour
Exit Witcher 3 and the noise stops. I go into my Nvidia Control Panel and the monitor has reverted to 60hz...i select the 155hz option press "Apply" and it reverts to 60hz instantly. i try this 3 times and get the same result. it wont budge from 60hz.

It might be that the cable can't reliably hold 155Hz for some reason.

Associate
I've been using this monitor (A01 Feb 2019) for a week and I may return it. I think I am experiencing gamma shift - I am at eye level with the top half of the screen and have trouble reading text on the lower half of the screen, it gets faint unless I tilt my head down. LadfromWales in this thread had the same issue. It is really bad on websites that use a white background.

I also find this monitor incredibly bright that I believe it's giving me eyestrain whether its day or night. I'm on 20% brightness and 75% contrast, and then 0.75 gamma in NVCP.

I thought TN panels would be better now but the viewing angles on this model is extremely sensitive. I used to be on a Dell U2311H IPS panel. Would I be better off getting an IPS panel as I tend to consume reading content more often than gaming (single player)?

Associate
I've been using this monitor (A01 Feb 2019) for a week and I may return it. I think I am experiencing gamma shift - I am at eye level with the top half of the screen and have trouble reading text on the lower half of the screen, it gets faint unless I tilt my head down. LadfromWales in this thread had the same issue. It is really bad on websites that use a white background.

I also find this monitor incredibly bright that I believe it's giving me eyestrain whether its day or night. I'm on 20% brightness and 75% contrast, and then 0.75 gamma in NVCP.

I thought TN panels would be better now but the viewing angles on this model is extremely sensitive. I used to be on a Dell U2311H IPS panel. Would I be better off getting an IPS panel as I tend to consume reading content more often than gaming (single player)?
I have my monitor tilted up from the bottom just enough to mitigate the gamma shift a bit.

I have my brightness on 15 at the moment but I am in a darkish room. I do have bias lighting behind the monitor which really helps my eyes.

TN panels are mainly for speed and gaming performance and this monitor is a very good one for that purpose so you would probably be better off with an IPS if you do more reading than gaming.

nsb

nsb

Associate
A couple of things happening after 3 weeks use :-

I have it plugged in via DisplayPort and the input source on the monitor is set to DP but it sometimes reverts to Auto which makes the screen turn off. I have to change the source back to DP again to fix it.

Sometimes, very rarely, the screen does a single black flicker, like it momentarily loses it's input source. This happens randomly.

Any ideas on why these could be happening?

Associate
A couple of things happening after 3 weeks use :-

I have it plugged in via DisplayPort and the input source on the monitor is set to DP but it sometimes reverts to Auto which makes the screen turn off. I have to change the source back to DP again to fix it.

Sometimes, very rarely, the screen does a single black flicker, like it momentarily loses it's input source. This happens randomly.

Any ideas on why these could be happening?
I would rule out the cable first. Make sure you have a quality DP cable.

Also see if it happens with the HDMI input.

Associate
Had mine up and running for a few days and I'm really impressed. No colour banding or ghosting issues at all.
Its performing flawlessly using G-Sync and apart from changing the brightness and gamma a little it's pretty much good out the box.

Associate
So I received my replacement unit, dated April 2019 this time. Surprise surprise... same low gamma and color banding. Getting a refund now as I'm tired of this ********.

Soldato
So I received my replacement unit, dated April 2019 this time. Surprise surprise... same low gamma and color banding. Getting a refund now as I'm tired of this ********.

What monitor output are you using? Have you tried a different cable?

Also might be worth checking monitor driver installed, graphics drivers are up-to-date and reset to default settings etc in case

Back
Top Bottom