Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Up until recently I had never heard of fallout on cars, but suddenly wondered what all the little orange marks were (the black ones I always knew were tar and these are generally easier to budge). After washing the car yesterday I covered it in CarPro Ironx - as expected the bits to react most were those most in the firing line (rear of the car and just behind the front wheel)...

gMKaS9k.jpg

I will do it again in a few months as some remains, but it certainly reduced the iron deposits.

Man of Honour
Not the best description I've ever seen plus missing out a few important stages and chemicals/products. I wouldn't let you anywhere near my car lol

In what way? Wash the car, spray it on, leave it do it’s thing, pressure wash off. It’s what every instructional video says to do. Look closely, they’ve all dissolved and are gone. There are no other products that will impact fallout.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm referring to the lack of knowledge and detail in the list originally posted. The products mostly are of very average performance plus he missed out essential tools, techniques, products and before anyone starts to slate me etc I do have some knowledge on the subject after 15 years in the valeting/detailing industry

Man of Honour
I'm referring to the lack of knowledge and detail in the list originally posted. The products mostly are of very average performance plus he missed out essential tools, techniques, products and before anyone starts to slate me etc I do have some knowledge on the subject after 15 years in the valeting/detailing industry

The post is from 2008 with 793 pages of the best information available since.

Caporegime

Apparently not the date reading industry though!

Soldato
HTF do you people get a hoover nozzle in the tiny nooks, crannies and crevices of your car to make it look spotless?

There are crumbs in the seat rail mechanism (the rails which allow the seats to slide forward and backward). Short of removing the damn seat how else would you clean the crap in there? Seriously, what am I missing here?

Soldato
HTF do you people get a hoover nozzle in the tiny nooks, crannies and crevices of your car to make it look spotless?

There are crumbs in the seat rail mechanism (the rails which allow the seats to slide forward and backward). Short of removing the damn seat how else would you clean the crap in there? Seriously, what am I missing here?

Brushes. If your car is that grubby then honestly yes, take the seats out it's probably disgusting underneath.

maj

maj

Soldato
Has anyone tried Carbon Collective Lusso 2.0 shampoo before? I bought a few bits and pieces from a local shop yesterday and shop assistant recommend it due to personally using it but can't find much in the way of reviews on it apart from on their own website. I did originally go in for some Bilt Hamber but he said that whilst it was good, it wasn't very suddy. It may actually be quite decent (I've not heard of the brand before) but he may also just have been tying to recommend it due being one of the more expensive shampoo's they had. Did get the Bilt wheel cleaner though.

Also ended up with a Klin wash mitt and drying towel.

Soldato
Bilberry wheel cleaner or something equally non-acidic and gentle on the wheels.

If you want the easiest most effective strategy then pick up a pressure washer if you don’t already have one e.g. nilfisk. Then an effective snowfoam, bilt hamber is one of the best. Then I use autoglym polar wash (literally spray it on and wash the car with a mitt), then autoglym polar seal for an instant seal with ridiculous shine and protection.
Thanks. I may give this combo a try. Any recommendations on the nilfisk (model)?. Would I need the nilfisk super foam sprayer attachment to use snowfoam? Never used a pressure washer before, just bucket and water :).

Man of Honour
Thanks. I may give this combo a try. Any recommendations on the nilfisk (model)?. Would I need the nilfisk super foam sprayer attachment to use snowfoam? Never used a pressure washer before, just bucket and water :).

The C110 has more than enough grunt for a car. Often on offer too for around £60. The nilfisk snowlance is pretty average, the autobrite nilfisk compatible lance is much better. Bucket and water is going to introduce scratches, especially if not using a two bucket method. If you use polar wash you only then need a bucket of plain water in order to rinse the mitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom