JOJO RABBIT - Taika Waititi weirdness ++++++

Permabanned
Oscar noms rumoured.

Looks like its actually going to be hilarious and carry a good strong message of just how hideous life could be back then :/
Hope it hits both well!

Will it be genuinely funny or briefly funny and of course full of typical bad german political messages like Wonder Womans beach scene? You know Taika Wahiti and Scarlet Johanasson are both Jewish right? I was interested by this and the first thing i thought to myself was i bet this is where all the closet Jewish actors come out because i know how Hollywood works.

Maybe i am wrong, But i normally get my hunch right.

Caporegime
Will it be genuinely funny or briefly funny and of course full of typical bad german political messages like Wonder Womans beach scene? You know Taika Wahiti and Scarlet Johanasson are both Jewish right? I was interested by this and the first thing i thought to myself was i bet this is where all the closet Jewish actors come out because i know how Hollywood works.

Well you sound anti-semetic as hell.

Religiously, the director doesn’t practice any faith, and culturally, he identifies more as Maori.

Last edited:
Soldato
Will it be genuinely funny or briefly funny and of course full of typical bad german political messages like Wonder Womans beach scene? You know Taika Wahiti and Scarlet Johanasson are both Jewish right? I was interested by this and the first thing i thought to myself was i bet XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX because i know how Hollywood works.

Just... wow. RTM'd. :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Well you sound anti-semetic as hell.

Religiously, the director doesn’t practice any faith, and culturally, he identifies more as Maori.

Erm i am pretty sure you are just throwing around labels you do not understand. Those people in Hollywood are not semetic, Semetic is an actual group with DNA links to the Israelites and have a middle eastern profile. These people are European converts to Judaism which sadly means they are not sementic so how can i be anti semetic?

All i am doing is observing what they do in Hollywood but if you say anything wrong out comes the anti semetic fire hose.

Soldato
All i am doing is observing what they do in Hollywood but if you say anything wrong out comes the anti semetic fire hose.
Actually;

"Antisemitism (also spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism) is hostility to, prejudice, or discrimination against Jews."

Your post shows a lovely subtext of hostility so I would say yes, you are in danger of being anti-semitic. Anyone who brings up that sort of thing when discussing a movie FFS, well... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Yer - so this is a really excellent film.
It's funny, it starts funny and you will laugh - a bit of in your face, some subtle lines.
But then you're laughing and then *smack* you are just punched in the face with something or a comedy moment suddenly becomes literally deadly serious.
Honestly, one of my favourite films of the year.

Caporegime
The film's getting slated by many reviews. I'm starting to wonder why the conspiracy?
Is it because it brings humour to the Nazis of ww2? Is Mel Brookes a danger to society now?

Back
Top Bottom