The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
Nice - that and the Tamron 28-75mm must be a killer combo for those that don't want to fork out for the GMs.

I don’t see a reason to get the 2.8 GM really besides bragging rights. From what I see the 17-28 Tamron is equally and often out performs the 16-35, it has higher contrast, less lens flare etc, equally as sharp.

The Sony 24-70GM actually isn’t that sharp, the Canon 24-70mk2 blows it away.

Caporegime
Wheels are about to get set in motion here, Canon bodies are ready to box up and I need to get the trunk for the 600 II down from the attic.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer the colours from Canon. Sony colours still seems weird to me, too much green and it gets confused by LED light far too easily.

I would have stayed with Canon and gone R mount if the bodies were good, but the current pricing for them are ridiculous. £3k for a L glass...

And

And

Associate
I've found Sony AWB can behave oddly at times and I agree on Canon colours.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer the colours from Canon. Sony colours still seems weird to me, too much green and it gets confused by LED light far too easily.

I would have stayed with Canon and gone R mount if the bodies were good, but the current pricing for them are ridiculous. £3k for a L glass...

Back
Top Bottom