31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz VA G-Sync - LG 32GK850G

Soldato
Hi, currently have an 27inch 1080p Asus IPS 60hz with 980ti card had it for around 4 years its starting to get dark patches on bottom left and right once turned on from cold but once warmed up and switching around hdmi selection it sorts itself , The dilemma I have i also play the Nintendo switch docked on monitor which outputs at 1080p , and reading up now bad it looks if use 1080p on 1440p panel can someone tell me how it is with 1080p , and heard 4k monitors are better for 1080p input but i only see 60hz 4k with gsync and really wanting something 144hz with gsync to future proof myself when get better card

Thanks

Permabanned
They where selling it just recently for £599 but i guess they have just sold out of stock and i cant see it available anywhere else to buy:)

The German rainforest has it for about £670 after postage - that's the cheapest I could find. You can just login with your UK account and they will ship to the UK alright.

Permabanned
So the German rainforest one just arrived and EXACTLY the same problem :(:(:(:(:(:(

Dead pixel in the centre with one an inch a way in the opposite direction this time...looks like a bit of dust behind the panel. And straight back this one will go too.

I will win the panel lottery one day. At least it's the rainforest this time so hopefully they will cover the return postage unlike OCUK.

LG: sort out your quality control. It doesn't exist.

Soldato
I think we know why they were selling this one cheap. I've seen loads of people on Reddit complaining about similar problems. Looks like there was a bad batch that came out the factory.

Permabanned
I think we know why they were selling this one cheap. I've seen loads of people on Reddit complaining about similar problems. Looks like there was a bad batch that came out the factory.

Definitely and within a few more minutes another four have appeared in and around the centre. Daaaaa fuuuuuuck? Zero testing it seems. Thankfully at least this definitely falls within defect territory so can't dispute it.

This one's the March 2018 batch. Didn't check what my last one was.

Oh well, I'll give it another go. If I'm not being charged for the postage I don't mind sending it back :)

Hope the next one is alright as wanted to play Yakuza Zero at some point. It looked great on this for the few minutes I played it.

P.S. I'll call it a day if the next one is the same. Annoying as there aren't any other interesting monitors out there. Can't stand IPS.

Last edited:
Associate
Had one of these delivered yesterday from german rainforest,and its flawless no dead pixels or uniformity issues. just got lucky i guess.

Permabanned
Had one of these delivered yesterday from german rainforest,and its flawless no dead pixels or uniformity issues. just got lucky i guess.

I've got another one coming out from them. Hopefully it's as good as yours :)

The rainforest is great for returns. They have already refunded my postage and it's not even there yet.

Permabanned
Got my third one and it's fine. Third time lucky!

They are still on the German rainforest if anyone's interested and their returns policy is great for the inevitable panel lottery. £635 including postage to the UK at the time of writing.

Not going to be buying another monitor for years - complete hassle.

Associate
I gotta say the 32" 1440p form factor definitely has me intrigued. I'm 95% all in for an ultrawide (waiting for reviews on the new LGs) but if I was going to stay 16:9 I think the 32" LGs would be what I would target. I actually have no problem with the ~92-93 ppi that that 1080p 23/24" monitor provide so I imagine I'd be fine with the same PPI @ 32". I believe LG has a nano-ips version of this monitor on the near horizon... will definitely keep an eye out...

Soldato
I gotta say the 32" 1440p form factor definitely has me intrigued. I'm 95% all in for an ultrawide (waiting for reviews on the new LGs) but if I was going to stay 16:9 I think the 32" LGs would be what I would target. I actually have no problem with the ~92-93 ppi that that 1080p 23/24" monitor provide so I imagine I'd be fine with the same PPI @ 32". I believe LG has a nano-ips version of this monitor on the near horizon... will definitely keep an eye out...

It's a good monitor, I just gave up after getting two with faults. I was coming from an X34 and did notice it was softer due to the lower PPI (93 vs 109), but you adapt to that quickly enough. Coming from ultrawide I felt the difference going to 16:9, but the 32" size does somewhat make up for that regards the immersion factor, but it was more noticeable with productivity.

You might be mistaking the Nano IPS for the 34GK950G... similar sounding name but that's actually an ultrawide.

Soldato
According to TFT Central LG is releasing an IPS equivalent of the same VA panel this xmas... http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/high_refresh_rate.htm#ips

Ah yes, the LM315WQ1, I'd forgot about that. I don't think that will be seen in a monitor until well in to next year. It states production won't start until December, assuming that's even still on track. There's always a massive delay with monitors, even at the point they're announced, and we haven't even heard anything about a specific monitor with this panel yet.

I'm quite sure we will see AU Optronics 32" equivalent of the 4K IPS HDR 144Hz panel that's in the Predator X27 before we see anything from LG. That should be HDR-1000 as well, and the LG will not. Not quite the same thing I know, 1440p vs 4K, but by the time the LM315WQ1 is out there, it could look quite dated. Quite a few new panels are slated for release next year, so it should prove interesting. But delays will no doubt be inevitable.

Personally, I'm keen to see some 4K IPS screens with G-Sync that are more than 60Hz. There has literally been ONE single monitor (the XB321HK) in the past 3 years that is more than 27" with IPS and G-Sync. Mini LED also looks extremely interesting, but there will be a much longer wait for that. It is being worked on though at least so we will hopefully learn more about that in 2019.

:)

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, like I said my heart is definitely focused on the UWD's, and barring the 34GK950G being a disaster I hope to have one this xmas or early in the new year, but a 32" IPS 144-165hz Gsync 1440p (with or without HDR) might give me pause...

Associate
Got my third one and it's fine. Third time lucky!

They are still on the German rainforest if anyone's interested and their returns policy is great for the inevitable panel lottery. £635 including postage to the UK at the time of writing.

Not going to be buying another monitor for years - complete hassle.

Do you have a link for this seller? Couldn't find anything on Google.
Was it perhaps an Amazon.de seller?

Back
Top Bottom