*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
What are the must have games.

So far I can only think of, both Zelda games, mario odyssey and mario kart.

It depends what you mean by must have. I love the Switch more because I'm enjoying ports of games I never played (or completed) on the PC/PS4 due to time constraints which I can now play on the move, and because it has a wonderful range of indie games such as Hyper Light Drifter, Into the Breach etc. For me, those are as much must haves as the big first party titles. Alternatively, if you're looking at the "big" games, I'd add Fire Emblem and Smash Bros to your list.

Soldato
Has anyone tried either the 8BitDo or Mayflash controller adapters?
Considering picking one up to use the Dualshock 4 rather than paying out for another Pro controller

Man of Honour
Has anyone tried either the 8BitDo or Mayflash controller adapters?
Considering picking one up to use the Dualshock 4 rather than paying out for another Pro controller

I've used the 8bitdo adapter quite a bit.

It works well except for the occasional glitch that leaves the rumble permanently running on low, and keep in mind that it causes lag in the official controllers if you play multiplayer.

The lag is noticeable in single player (a few frames) but definitely acceptable for most games. It's bad in multiplayer (~200ms).

Soldato
If anyone plays in handheld mode quite a lot and like me the old hands start to ache after a while then the satisfye grip is the best I’ve tried so far it just makes the switch feel like a bigger controller so comfy :)

https://imgur.com/a/qZRrQOt

This is one of the main reasons why I stopped playing the Switch in handheld mode. Same issue I had with the original 3DS but not with the XL models.

Man of Honour
I've never had a problem with comfort with the switch as a handheld and I have a 23cm hand span.

It's the terrible analog sticks that annoy me, they lack any sort of precision.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Been surprised by Dead Cells. Turned out to be better than I expected. Glad I got it for the Switch and not the PC. Makes for good handheld gaming and my switch barely gets any of that these days.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Been surprised by Dead Cells. Turned out to be better than I expected. Glad I got it for the Switch and not the PC. Makes for good handheld gaming and my switch barely gets any of that these days.

Dead cells is great fun. The core of the game just plays and flows really nicely. Conversely, Slay the Spire hooked me for a few hours and then I haven't been back because ultimately progression is slow, its massively luck based and its only fun when you get a good deck and good relics to help you. If not its just a grind fest where you are waiting until you die.

Associate
Picked up RingFit Adventure today. Very good. Graphics and animations are very similar to BoTW. Exercises seems very good, although haven't unlocked a lot of them yet. There’s difficulty modes based in what you want and how strong you are, which is measured by the ringcon. Seems like a very fun way to exercise ar home. Would highly recommend it.

Soldato
Getting a switch lite for Xmas, I have a 128gb sdcard ready. What indie games and other non exclusive games play better in handheld. I like the look of:
Celeste
Dead cell
Hollow knight
Stardew valley

What's an online subscription for besides letting you play online multiplayer, do you get free games like playstation plus?

Soldato
Free NES and SNES games currently, online game saves backup for most but not all games.

I should add that game saves are on the console itself and not the SD card so if you have any problems with it....

Soldato
Dead cells is great fun. The core of the game just plays and flows really nicely. Conversely, Slay the Spire hooked me for a few hours and then I haven't been back because ultimately progression is slow, its massively luck based and its only fun when you get a good deck and good relics to help you. If not its just a grind fest where you are waiting until you die.

I'd give Slay the Spire another go, I can win ~80% of my games so whilst luck can help it's rare that you're fighting a lost cause (at least until the higher ascension/new game+ levels).

Back
Top Bottom