**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Dxo Mark aside OnePlus have definitely upped their game in the camera department since the 6/6t. I liked my 6t but the camera was mediocre at best. But my 7t Pro is night and day difference. For snapshots, pictures of my Belgian pints in my local and the end of night kebab (which lets be honest is what 75% of phone camera photos are lol) it will more than do the job.

Soldato
A OnePlus rep in John Lewis demo'd the macro mode for me. It's been widely dismissed as a bit gimmicky, but I thought it was quite nice when seen in the flesh. I'd probably not use it all the time, but I would use it and that means it's something nice to have.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Dxo Mark aside OnePlus have definitely upped their game in the camera department since the 6/6t. I liked my 6t but the camera was mediocre at best. But my 7t Pro is night and day difference. For snapshots, pictures of my Belgian pints in my local and the end of night kebab (which lets be honest is what 75% of phone camera photos are lol) it will more than do the job.

100%, as a company I have to admit the way OnePlus have gone about things is near perfect! I mean they started off making great phones at very cheap prices and carried on that trend, but now they have entered into flagship territory whilst still being good for the price you're paying, but you're getting very premium features like the great display and a much better camera compared to previous years, and their performance is pretty much 2nd to none.

Im sure with the 8 pro, they will carry on adding in more flagship features like wireless charging, whilst still releasing their non-pro models which are great for cheaper devices.

They just need o figure out how to market/sell their phones as a company as that whole situation is pretty peculiar.. Some phones being sold in some countries whilst other phones not being sold in those countries and sold in other ones instead? A bit bizzare, but from a phone standpoint the pro models are truly fantastic, I would even go as far to say that they are my favourite android phone maker

Soldato
I got my 7T yesterday and I have to say I'm loving it so far!

There are a few minor grumbles such as not being able to have your home screen in the middle of 4 or 5 other screens (can't seem to find a way to have anything other than the "shelf" to the left!) along with a couple of other differences to how my G7 works - but on the whole I'm very impressed!

Is there any benefit in setting up a OnePlus account though or is it just to access the community app and/or forum?

Associate
I got my 7T yesterday and I have to say I'm loving it so far!

There are a few minor grumbles such as not being able to have your home screen in the middle of 4 or 5 other screens (can't seem to find a way to have anything other than the "shelf" to the left!) along with a couple of other differences to how my G7 works - but on the whole I'm very impressed!
Sounds like you need to download Nova Launcher or similar.

Associate
After being a bit underwhelmed by the Pixel 4XL, I'm thinking of going for the 7t or the 7t Pro to replace my Pixel 2XL. Anyone made a similar move? Thoughts?

Also, is it worth paying the premium for the 7t Pro over the 7t?

Soldato
After being a bit underwhelmed by the Pixel 4XL, I'm thinking of going for the 7t or the 7t Pro to replace my Pixel 2XL. Anyone made a similar move? Thoughts?

Also, is it worth paying the premium for the 7t Pro over the 7t?

If you want to import, you can get a 7 Pro for around £520. But may have issues with warranty

Associate
I can get a student discount via my daughter, so it lowers the price a bit. I'd rather get the phone from the UK - just in case of issues.....

I'd have gone for the Pro, but the curved edges are putting me off! I guess my question is whether there is a massive difference between the 7t and the 7t Pro?

Soldato
I can get a student discount via my daughter, so it lowers the price a bit. I'd rather get the phone from the UK - just in case of issues.....

I'd have gone for the Pro, but the curved edges are putting me off! I guess my question is whether there is a massive difference between the 7t and the 7t Pro?

If you don't mind:

Small notch
2x rather 3x telephoto

Then 7t is the phone.

Soldato
Cheers!! Unless the Pixel 4XL is massively discounted during the Black Friday sales, the 7t it is!
Pixel 4 just didn't feel like it was worth the extra for me.

It was between

7t
7t pro
S10 +
Or pixel 4 XL

Ended up passing on S10 and pro because of curved screen and pixel 4 was a let down overall. If it was a £600 device it'd be great but at 900 it's not worth my time.

Associate
Works fine here too, I'm also getting 7hrs SoT which I find really surprising. Might just be the honeymoon period before it starts getting worse.

Back
Top Bottom