The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Waddled home after a work's day out getting smashed, eating and then going Go Karting. Had some ok fish and chippers at The Hydrant, Monument for lunch. Greasy as hell chips, but a nice bit o'haddock. Not the best menu.

Iup1eOH.jpg

Soldato
imx7ji.jpg

Weekend special at Scran. Chinese style pork belly with mixed vegetables, egg noodles, in a rich soy & ginger broth, topped with a Thai spiced fried egg. Delicious! The broth was fantastic. So much flavour! I could have happily had a bowl of just that and drank it like soup. The pork and noodles were well cooked. And I liked the egg! Yummy! :D

F71ybv.jpg

XBKTli.jpg

Tried out a newly opened taco place for lunch, Mezcal on Hope Street. I had pork tacos with braised pork leg marinated in achiote seeds, black beans and mezcal pico salsa. Was really nice! And I got a side of fresh corn with jalapeño mayonnaise, fresh cheese and chili powder.

Will definitely be going back there to eat again :)

Soldato
Ol4mVv.jpg

I got a lift home from work from a work colleague. She mentioned on the way she was hungry and suggested popping into McDonalds. Why the heck not I thought. Got myself the Canadian stack burger to try, which was quite nice. Also got a 3 piece chicken select, a portion of cheese melts and a small coke zero. Not bad for a late night snack :D

Soldato
eVVNeT.jpg

Weekend special at Scran. Slow roasted maple pulled brisket on spiced butternut squash puree & toasted sourdough, topped with poached eggs and tarragon hollandaise sauce. Damn that brisket was good :D

cxTEI0.jpg

Had lunch at Bar Soba. Starter was cheeseburger spring rolls with soba mayo. Really tasty and the dipping sauce was spicy! Very glad I tried this :)

6HAhS0.jpg

The main sadly was a let down. Chicken katsu curry, but the sauce was really thin, to the point of practically being soup. I prefer a thicker consistency. Also the chicken had a nice texture, but it was kinda lacking in flavour. I've had way better chicken elsewhere. It wasn't a terrible dish, but I was unimpressed and would never order it again.

Soldato
Saturday morning pancakes, tried out a new recipe, was quite impressed with the thickness.

gwRgpNXh.jpg

Tonight, did some jerk fish with a celeriac slaw and sweet potato.

Kp5x0Mqh.jpg

Soldato
I had the Indian chicken burger last week, wasn’t a fan at all. :(
I had this also,Was horrible..dry,Why on earth they use chicken tenders on them now instead of actual burgers is beyond me,Because when you pick it up just all falls out regardless of how you hold it,They have done the same with the veggie burgers changed it from actual round burgers to "pieces".

imo Mcdonalds UK has gone downhill recently.

I've not long come back from Cyprus and their McDonalds is 10x better than ours so much nicer,fresh.

Soldato
bp7HOB.jpg

Been a while since I last had breakfast at Bill's. The Garden Plate is nice! :)

ToqP7F.jpg

aC9vre.jpg

Mg2FJf.jpg

akDwL5.jpg

Gavvvd.jpg

I5m39v.jpg

cBTKsr.jpg

And lunch at Six By Nico, trying out the New York theme (which they've done before, but the dishes were different this time)

Back
Top Bottom