Franco's tomb desecrated for political aggrandisement.

Permabanned
Sad to see that General Francisco Franco's remains have been moved from his beautiful mausoleum to the unremarkable El Pardo city cemetery to appease the left leaning government. Visiting The Valley of the Fallen will not be the same. Many fought valiantly against the move, but to no avail :( It's bad enough ingrate students demanding the removal of their benefactors statues and memorabilia from universities, whilst still enjoying their architectural and financial legacies, without this sort of nonsense in Spain.

Commissario
Could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that he oversaw the execution of several hundred thousand people?

I don't know about you, but I'd have some issues with any memorial to someone who within living memory was in charge of murdering a hundred thousand or more of his own people, and certainly wouldn't complain if the descendent of those killed and fellow citizens of the country thought that he shouldn't be celebrated.

Caporegime
Jesus Chris, i bet Franco's ghost is in your pub, is Mussolini there too? Pinochet?

They should just incinerate him and eat him so he can end life as he deserves, then they can bury that.

Last edited:
Soldato
From what I hear about the Spanish civil war back then, peoples bodies were being dug up regularly and desecrated. Let the dead rest in peace.

If its a new trend to start digging people up and moving them, there are a lot of famous people buried here that could be moved too.

Permabanned
OP
Jesus Chris, i bet Franco's ghost is in your pub, is Mussolini there too? Pinochet?

They should just incinerate him and eat him so he can end life as he deserves, then they can bury that.

Perhaps your school's history teacher never explained just how far General Pinochet stuck his neck out to help the UK and support our ex PM Lady Thatcher over the Falkland Islands? We owe him a serious debt of gratitude!

As BowdonUK quite rightly states, if we start digging up political and military figures current sensitivities now view as risque, we need to start employing a lot of grave diggers :)

Soldato
Wow Franco was a murdering fascist ****. His remains should be removed and thrown in the sea.

We should start with Stalin and Mao first though, because between them they killed so many people that it makes the number killed by the fascists seem insignificant. And then afterwards perhaps we could move onto raiding museums and chucking all the Roman, Viking and Norman remains into the sea too.

Soldato
We should start with Stalin and Mao first though, because between them they killed so many people that it makes the number killed by the fascists seem insignificant. And then afterwards perhaps we could move onto raiding museums and chucking all the Roman, Viking and Norman remains into the sea too.

Ehm what about the British? How many were killed to build the "Empire" which lasted 150 years only?

Caporegime
Ehm what about the British? How many were killed to build the "Empire" which lasted 150 years only?

I wonder how much we played in the support of communism in China (two wars to make China a drugged slave probably annoyed them), so realistically Mao's murder count is partly ours and Stalins are partly the Prussians. :)

Caporegime
I wonder how much we played in the support of communism in China, so realistically Mao's murder count is partly ours and Stalins are partly the Prussians. :)

Except Britain and the colonies actively fought against Chinese communism...Or do you want to continue to dump on the 1000s who were killed and injured in Korea?

Caporegime
Except Britain and the colonies actively fought against Chinese communism...Or do you want to continue to dump on the 1000s who were killed and injured in Korea?

I expanded (barely), it's in jest mostly, obviously people can choose their paths, but we certainly... did not make a good impression.

I mean look what we did to them.

kxT09hK.png
source:wikipedia

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom