Franco's tomb desecrated for political aggrandisement.

Permabanned
OP
@Chris Wilson why is everything you post wrong?

EVERYTHING? I accept this may be an emotive event, but, like Brexit, opinions obviously vary. Here's a recent Spanish poll on how the polled citizens feel about the desecration:
43% supported the move, with 32.5% against and the rest undecided. Seems a sizeable percentage agree with me that he should have been left undisturbed. And a fair proportion were undecided.

Soldato
... as Quartz says nothing new in terms of historical dilema.
The adage 'if you fail to learn from history you are doomed to repeat it' and, like the preservation of the concentration camps, doesn't keeping the original tomb facilitate learning and knowledge. ...

Permabanned
OP
Wasn't Franco's "beautiful mausoleum" built by slave labour?

Frankly, the misogynist, fascist dictator should have suffered the same fate as his idols Hitler & Mussolini.

It was partly built by prisoners of war. As you seem to infer that slave built structures are aesthetically inferior to those built by paid workers, what is your opinion on maintaining the pyramids, and their future?? The White House? The United States Capitol building? Are they somehow less elegant due to those who built them?

Soldato
It's a joke.

I was educated in the 80's/90's anyway. Did people actually learn anything in school. In my last year I used to get the bus in for 11am, sign the late book and start first break. Rest of day sit in science classrooms twiddling thumbs.

Back
Top Bottom