AirPods (and AirPods Pro [and AirPods Pro 2nd generation]) now available

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I reckon your friend is deaf! :D

Nah, in a quiet room with no background noises - If you were to push in the gen 1's into your ear, they sound much louder and better, which the pro's have the advantage of automatically as they create a seal in your ear akin to that.

Soldato
These are the WF's you're referring to?
The 360 Real Audio is supported by both the WF and WH ear/headphones. I signed up to Deezer for a month trial. There isn't much that is supporting it yet but it's really impressive. It's sort of like Dolby Atmos for your earphones.

Heard it through the grapevine was exceptional on it but again, for only about 1000 songs at the moment it's not worth the premium.

How do the Airpod Pros sound on Apple Music? If they're like the Sonys they had me searching for a streaming service with better quality so I'm on the 3 month amazon trial at the moment

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

The 360 Real Audio is supported by both the WF and WH ear/headphones. I signed up to Deezer for a month trial. There isn't much that is supporting it yet but it's really impressive. It's sort of like Dolby Atmos for your earphones.

Heard it through the grapevine was exceptional on it but again, for only about 1000 songs at the moment it's not worth the premium.

How do the Airpod Pros sound on Apple Music? If they're like the Sonys they had me searching for a streaming service with better quality so I'm on the 3 month amazon trial at the moment

Just seen Dave Lee's review, he says that the sony sounds much better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDdNGsqi1Ho

And despite that, he picks the Airpods pro overall because of the user experience

Not sure where the people who said the sound quality were similar got their info from? Because as i suspected, the sony's are much better for sound quality and ANC

Soldato
Ah excellent. Our last flight i tried messing around with a BT splitter which was really fiddly and didn't work properly.

Could be handy, especially as i imagine i'll be able to pick up an older pair for the wife fairly cheaply.
Yeah you can easily share audio as of iOS 13, as long as it's AirPods or any Beats that use the W1 or H1 chip.

Bes

Bes

Soldato
So first impressions coming from Sony WI-1000-X’s and before that Bose Quiet comfort 20’s:

On the AirPod Pros:

- So far sound quality is not as good as the Sonys less punchy and certain tracks definitely sparkle less. The sound curve seems to be slightly designed for those who like bass (hence it will appeal to a lot of people/ reviewers etc). I like that they avoid the over-Dominant (but quite fun to listen to) Bose house sound. I will give them more time to open up.

Fit for me is OK. Bose still win hands down in this regard with their amazing Stay Hear wing tips. I use Crystalline Audio tips on the Sonys and they are a big improvement over the standard ones but the whole system is fiddly to put in and get a good fit (the neckband does not help matters!)

Noise cancelling is not as good as either of the other pairs full stop. It’s definitely better at sounds like traffic and the tube than random noises like talking. Bose are still the kings here I think. I don’t find the isolation great with any of the tips though so this could be part of the issue for me; the Bose tips are also still the best on the market I think. The Sonys never fitted me that well personally.

Usability has to be a 10/10 here - Apple have done amazingly on the form factor, battery life (given the tiny size), ergonomics, looks, and the way you can skip between devices.

Call quality seemed disappointing on first go- my partner struggled to hear me when I was walking along a busy road with both buds in. This is highly disappointing as I have always struggled in this regard with earphones and I was hoping this was the answer. Nothing beats a wired pair with the microphone physically near your mouth is seems. The Sonys were diabolical in this regard.

The jury is out on whether I keep them or go back to the Sonys. With good third party tips (if Crystalline or Comply decide to make them!) to improve isolation and sound quality and if I can work out the call quality issue these are an absolute winner. If not, they fall short.

Soldato
Mine are going back until there are good third party tips available to give me a proper seal. I've initiated the return today.
That's a shame, I picked mine up today and I'm really impressed with them, worn them back from town, went to the gym for an hour, the ANC is really impressive (not as impressive as over ear but...) fit is really snug as I'm using the medium buds, music is good, bass is better than my Gen1's for obvious reasons

Been looking at a case but they all seem to say 20 days dispatch dates?

Commissario
Do they not fit better than the originals?
Define 'better'?
I use Earskinz on the originals and I don't have any issues with them falling out, working loose or anything like that. Obviously they don't seal and offer ANC like the new ones but if I'm not getting a good fit then I'm not benefitting.

Soldato
Bit the bullet on these, having owned 1st gen and used daily for almost a year now I thought would be a good investment, managed to get 10% off too going through one of my work benefits. Reviews seem pretty good.

Soldato
Define 'better'?
I use Earskinz on the originals and I don't have any issues with them falling out, working loose or anything like that. Obviously they don't seal and offer ANC like the new ones but if I'm not getting a good fit then I'm not benefitting.
I was thinking that the new tips on the AirPods pro would allow you to not have to use earskinz to get a good secure fit?

Commissario
I was thinking that the new tips on the AirPods pro would allow you to not have to use earskinz to get a good secure fit?
I'm sure for 'most' people, the new AirPods Pro are perfectly good although there do seem to be quite a few people on the Macrumours forum saying they don't fit but the majority of people won't have an issue. Earskinz are for the older model AirPods and aren't of any benefit to the new ones unless they produce a new model which is slightly larger.

In the meantime, I'll keep using my old ones until a third party does produce better tips and then I'll re-buy them. There's no point me having a product I'm not 100% happy with sitting there, using up its warranty :)

Associate
HELP ME!!!! Does anybody have the new Air Pod Pros??? When the case is closed does the top bit of the case rattle, wobble, wiggle or move a tiny, tiny bit when pushed slight from the left or right hand side. Mine is wobbling ever so slightly. I'm sure that's a design thing but can anybody confirm there top wobbles a tiny bit when closed. Like less than 1mm probably. Just a little nudge side to side. HELPPPP.

Back
Top Bottom