**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Has anyone experienced the issue with grey horizontal lines (horizontal when in portrait) flashing on the screen when the phone is charging with the Warp charger. Occurs between 80 and 90%? It seems like it's some sort of electrical interference. There are several threads over on the OP community. One guy had is replaced and the new unit did the exact same thing which would make it seem like a global design flaw rather than a fault with any particular unit.
This is on 7T and 7T Pro models.

Soldato
Something I've noticed since moving from Pixel to OnePlus, the battery life on my Samsung smart watch is massively improved. I can only assume the Pixel was constantly communicating. This may have been a rogue app for all I know, but thought it worth a mention.

Soldato
I've found my auto brightness to be excellent. In 90% of environments it's spot on. My only minor complaint is on occasion when I'm sofa surfing in these darker evenings it's a tad too bright for my liking, however that could just be me.

Soldato
My auto brightness has always been terrible. I'm using the 7 pro and have done since release, I've used auto the whole time and it still hasn't "learned" my desired brightness. I keep chalking it down to needing more time to learn but it's so hit and miss.

I'll pick it up, it normally is a good brightness, maybe 2/3rds the way, then suddenly after 5-10 seconds while in use it will drop completely to almost the dimmest it can get and I have to manually adjust it up and it still hasn't figured that I do this. I even factory reset my device before Android 10 and that didn't really do much.

I've just had to leave it off Auto.

Associate
Something I've noticed since moving from Pixel to OnePlus, the battery life on my Samsung smart watch is massively improved. I can only assume the Pixel was constantly communicating. This may have been a rogue app for all I know, but thought it worth a mention.

I assume they’re connected via Bluetooth? Funny you say that as when I sent my 2xl back for rma and moved to an iPhone I found the battery life on my BT headphones improved considerably.

Soldato
I assume they’re connected via Bluetooth? Funny you say that as when I sent my 2xl back for rma and moved to an iPhone I found the battery life on my BT headphones improved considerably.

This isn't just a little bit better, we're talking going from lasting 2 days to lasting 5, maybe a week. I'll need to test to be sure.

Another difference I've noticed, is that the connection between the devices rarely gets lost whereas with the Pixel if I left the watch upstairs and the phone was downstairs then the connection would constantly connect and disconnect.

Associate
This isn't just a little bit better, we're talking going from lasting 2 days to lasting 5, maybe a week. I'll need to test to be sure.

Another difference I've noticed, is that the connection between the devices rarely gets lost whereas with the Pixel if I left the watch upstairs and the phone was downstairs then the connection would constantly connect and disconnect.

interesting! I think it’s safe to say the Bluetooth was rubbish on the pixel despite what some people say...

Soldato
Soldato
Anyone else have a 7 pro 5g? Know anything about when android 10 is coming for us, there's literally no news.

Also does anyone have black screens when trying to views some streams on the twitch app? It seems to be when it's 1080p and nvidia nvenc based. I can direct you to one that I have problems with if someone can try?

Soldato
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/dsx1zq/psa_there_seems_to_be_a_huge_battery_drain_issue/

Any of you guys seen a drain by Whatsapp on your Oneplus devices? Looks like its an issue with OP and not other devices.
Just an update in case it helps. As I say I saw no noticeable drain with my WhatsApp although after my previous reply it went up to 11% from 8. Anyway I went into the app options and then battery optimisation and changed it from Intelligent Control to Optimise and since yesterday evening it hasn't even registered 1% usage. Most importantly it still functions 100% and I get all my notifications.

Associate
I've also been experiencing massive battery drain since a few days ago, OP5T owner here - barely getting a full days use out of mine before it needs a charge. I'm also certain it's down to WhatsApp as mine is reporting 14% usage on average. It looks to be spread across the entire OnePlus range as well according to other reports out there.

Liam.

Soldato
Anyone else have a 7 pro 5g? Know anything about when android 10 is coming for us, there's literally no news.

Also does anyone have black screens when trying to views some streams on the twitch app? It seems to be when it's 1080p and nvidia nvenc based. I can direct you to one that I have problems with if someone can try?
No one can help me, or no one knows?

Back
Top Bottom