Halo MCC - Halo 4 - 17th November

Soldato
Is that PC only or does it include xbox gamers too?
Steam only its up to 105K on there alone now!

Game looks exactly like you would expect an Xbox 360 port from the early 2010s to look like though. Its not going to win any awards for dated graphics & sluggish controls. At least they had the sense to include an alternate launcher so modders can play & improve from launch (on game pass anyway it has a separate launcher called: Anti-cheat disabled).

If this is the enhanced version I hate to see the non enhanced version gfx are pretty average overall!!

Caporegime
OP
If this is the enhanced version I hate to see the non enhanced version gfx are pretty average overall!!

Did you activate the enhanced version in the settings? It's the only graphical option there is along with field of view. I thought it looked pretty nice in 4K. I only meant to play a quick five minutes but ended up doing a good half hour.

Soldato
Is this just Reach at the moment ? Even on windows store? Im not sure how the releases work i would have thought they would just release them all in one package as the name collection suggests.

Caporegime
OP
Is this just Reach at the moment ? Even on windows store? Im not sure how the releases work i would have thought they would just release them all in one package as the name collection suggests.

No, they said at the initial announcement that each game would done in turn so today is Reach only. But they are aiming to have all of them out by the end of 2020.

Soldato
Did you activate the enhanced version in the settings? It's the only graphical option there is along with field of view. I thought it looked pretty nice in 4K. I only meant to play a quick five minutes but ended up doing a good half hour.
Yeah did that it still looks awful to me @ 4K clearly zero effort went into the gfx its more of an emulated Xbox 360 port on the PC with minimal gfx which look almost 10 years old! Shader FX are so dated & the textures look very poor.

No wonder they give all of these on game pass for free I cannot imagine anyone paying £29.99 is going to be pleased with how it looks!! But its Halo officially on PC (Halo 2 was launched on GFWL about 12 years ago) over 125K players ingame on Steam alone right now so its popular amongst many gamers as its Halo & mods are allowed if you use the other included launcher which disables most online services.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Yeah did that it still looks awful to me @ 4K clearly zero effort went into the gfx its more of an emulated Xbox 360 port on the PC with minimal gfx which look almost 10 years old! Shader FX are so dated & the textures look very poor.

No wonder they give all of these on game pass for free I cannot imagine anyone paying £29.99 is going to be pleased with how it looks!! But its Halo officially on PC (Halo 2 was launched on GFWL about 12 years ago) over 125K players ingame on Steam alone right now so its popular amongst many gamers as its Halo & mods are allowed if you use the other included launcher which disables most online services.

Sounds like this is a low effort fast port.

The others have already all been remastered, though each one to varying extents. HALO 2 in the MCC looks fantastic and had a ton of work done to improve models, textures, lighting, the lot. e.g.

HALO 3 on the other hand was pretty much just a bump to 4K and call it a day...

Soldato
I'm not sure on this, FPS is great but thought a bit more effort would have gone into the graphics tbh, I'll give it a bit longer and see how I feel but reckon this is getting refunded, from what I can tell so far all the halo games look the same and that will bore me to death

Soldato
Yeah Halo 2 was like a full rework of the visuals, this they did with The original for its anniversary.

They never said this was that mind, it's always been pretty much a straight port with PC controls and a bump in resolution. Does it play as it should?

Associate
I'm not sure on this, FPS is great but thought a bit more effort would have gone into the graphics tbh, I'll give it a bit longer and see how I feel but reckon this is getting refunded, from what I can tell so far all the halo games look the same and that will bore me to death

What were you expecting?
From day one the said this will be console Halo but with modern resolutions, uncapped framerate and good mouse support which is exactly what it is.

Soldato
Well, I am kinda glad I didn't buy this outright and went for the XBGP instead. Early impressions: not bad, visuals aren't exactly the best. Multiplayer is a lot of fun and I have feeling as time goes on I will enjoy it more. But the campaign seems a bit meh.

Back
Top Bottom