Unlimited minutes
Unlimited texts
24 month advanced plan

£37

From Three?

Does this seem decent?

Soldato
Does this seem decent?

917 quid for the plan, with the phone retailing on the OP website at 650 works out at 11 per month for 100gb data which on the surface is good.

However, you can get an 8gb/256GB 7T pro for 699, which would be a better option. The 128gb old pro should be avoided if possible just because the upgrade to higher ram and storage was comparatively cheap.

Soldato
917 quid for the plan, with the phone retailing on the OP website at 650 works out at 11 per month for 100gb data which on the surface is good.

However, you can get an 8gb/256GB 7T pro for 699, which would be a better option. The 128gb old pro should be avoided if possible just because the upgrade to higher ram and storage was comparatively cheap.
Was hoping to spread the cost of the phone price as I always have my phone for that length of period. Seems this phone is very limited in terms of that?

Thanks

Soldato
Has anyone else updated to 10.0.7.HD65BA?

I've let my 7T update today - a relatively small download and the update only took a couple of minutes but when it's rebooted my available storage has dropped from 87% down to 67%!?!?!

What the ****?????

Soldato
10.0.7?? I'm still on 10.0.4!

I'd stick with it if I were you!

I've messaged OP support to see if there is a problem but to suddenly lose 20% of my storage for no good reason is really annoying!

How much storage is other people's Android system taking up? When I view my storage it's telling me that the system files are taking up 27GB! :eek:

Soldato
I'd stick with it if I were you!

I've messaged OP support to see if there is a problem but to suddenly lose 20% of my storage for no good reason is really annoying!

How much storage is other people's Android system taking up? When I view my storage it's telling me that the system files are taking up 27GB! :eek:
That seems bang on to be honest. My system files are 29gb and it's always been there or thereabouts.
Have you tried the Free Up Space feature just in case there are some unnecessary files on the memory?

Soldato
My system files say 14GB.
I'm on 10.0.3 which is the latest as of yesterday.

Really annoyingly VoWifi still not working properly. I don't think they will ever fix it. Probably moved onto the next phones and ignoring the issues.

Soldato
I'm absolutely certain that I've lost 20% of my storage as a direct result of the update - my main issue with the 7T is the lack of storage and so I've always been very wary of how much I'm using!

14GB to 27GB seems to be about that amount!

Soldato
30GB on my 7T Pro, pretty sure it's always been that much. Doesn't this phone have dual system partitions as well for seamless updates?

Speaking of updates, I just got the 10.0.5 update, which seems to be equivalent to the 10.0.7/10.3.0 updates to other OP models. And noticed 2 things already:

1) Back gestures are no longer limited to 2/3rd of the bottom half of the screen. They now follow the Pixels where it's the entire side, making it hard to swipe out side menus. Luckily you can use two fingers to swipe from the edge but for one handed use, it's a pain. There's also Google's hold and pull but I find that very hit and miss.

2) Music cover on lock screen is no longer blurred. Personally I prefer it like this but looking on Reddit, some people do enjoy the blur.

Soldato
Has anyone got experience of either the 7T or 7Pro or 7T Pro AND the Note 10+?

I'm within my 28 day return period of my Note 10+ and one of the reasons I bought it was the much-mooted superiority of the camera. It turns out the camera isn't all that and now many places seem to rate the OP cameras a lot better than before. The Note 10+ is pretty juddery in almost every app and I wonder if I'd be better off with a OP 7T Pro.

Associate

I'm within my 28 day return period of my Note 10+ and one of the reasons I bought it was the much-mooted superiority of the camera. It turns out the camera isn't all that and now many places seem to rate the OP cameras a lot better than before. The Note 10+ is pretty juddery in almost every app and I wonder if I'd be better off with a OP 7T Pro.

I have both a OnePlus 7 pro and Note 10+, agree with your assesment of the Note10+ camera.

I'm back to using my OnePlus 7 pro, generally a lot smoother and battery is better, no bloat either. Camera isn't great but I downloaded GCam (pixel port) and it's now good enough.

90hz display is also really nice.

I had the Note+ configured well but had to debloat and disable so many services that you start thinking what's the point, as mines outside of the retuens will probably sell next year.

They are very good with security updates though recently with the Note10 I(better the one plus) going to see what the UI 2 update is like.

Having owned the Note 9, the 10+ is better but feels like a lazy update. I do however miss wireless charging

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers - I'm interested in your battery experience since many places refer to the 7 Pro battery as only okay. After a lazy day on my Note 10+ I'm at 51% battery with 4.5 hours SoT. Usually it tracks about 7 hours though I've never come close to draining it. I wouldn't like to have a phone that hits zero with 5 hours SoT.

Associate
Cheers - I'm interested in your battery experience since many places refer to the 7 Pro battery as only okay. After a lazy day on my Note 10+ I'm at 51% battery with 4.5 hours SoT. Usually it tracks about 7 hours though I've never come close to draining it. I wouldn't like to have a phone that hits zero with 5 hours SoT.

Wow, your Note+ battery life is amazing. I'm lucky to get 5 SOT. One Plus 7 pro is between 5 - 6 running QHD and 90hz refresh all the time.

The other thing is the OnePlus 7 Pro is a little bit more comfortable to hold, screen is a lot more curved then Note 10+ so make sure you are okay with this.

Soldato

I had a Note 10+ and ended up returning it and getting a 7T Pro instead and I don't regret the decision one bit.
Beyond the S-Pen the Note just doesn't offer anything unique. I always thought the S Pen would be great but honestly for me the novelty wore off after a couple of days. I starting using it just for the sake of using it. Of course that's just my own case.
The 7T Pro's USP is a notchless display and a 90hz screen. It also has Warp Charge with the necessary charger included as standard. Yes the Note can do 50W but that's an extra £40 or so for those that want it.

Secondly I found the Note was just TOO big. I know the screen sizes are much of a muchness but the boxy design made the note seem much bigger in my opinion.
And finally I just hated the centre hole punch, it looked like a boil in the middle of the screen, hideous! I had the S10e before and much preferred the hole punch in the corner and then of course OnePlus has no hole punch/notch at all.

Battery wise I regularly get to bedtime with around 40-50% still left - and that's from fully charged the night before. I plug it in while I'm getting ready for bed and maybe read a book or watch some youtube vids and in 30mins it's fully charged again. Standby drain is just non-existent. It uses about 1% through the night (typically 8 hours). My S10e used to lose around 14% in a night.

Back
Top Bottom