• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Mentioned this in the thread in the Phones section but I see a LOT of pro Android fans move over (or have moved over) to Apple in recent times for that very reason ("it just works") and yet here I am, firmly entrenched within Apple yet I'm wanting to go back over to Android.
Nothing wrong with that mind you. Sometimes like me one becomes sick of the same old same old. As you saw from that very thread I moved away from Android after being with it since the S3 days.

I was tired of the same old year after year 4-5hrs battery life routine with every version of Android. I was tired of the apps that just weren’t on par with iOS equivalents like VLC. Privacy to me was becoming more important too and I wanted fine grained control without digging around all the time. Mostly I was tired of Google’s lack of hardware commitment to Tablets (former Pixel C owner here) and that laughable mess called WearOS.

Coming back to iOS had its quirks (absolutely crap, dated notifications to name one) but I can work around that. My iPad Pro and Watch work so well together that I wish Android was in a similar state.

Associate
How good is the video mode on the 11 Pro Max? I have a Pixel 2 but the video is appaling and just a mess at night. Even during the day it shifts colour and exposure for quick footage of the family. I don't always have my RX100 or DSLR to hand to capture video. The iPhone seems to excel far better at video? I am pleased with photos on my Pixel 2 and the iPhone 11 Pro Max will surely be a massive step up even in that department.

Soldato
iPhone 11/Pro has THE best video.

Google search Jonathan Morrison’s music video he shot on the 11pro with nothing more than a handle to hold the phone. It’s very impressive.

The stabilisation on the phone is excellent as is the accuracy.

Associate
iPhone 11/Pro has THE best video.

Google search Jonathan Morrison’s music video he shot on the 11pro with nothing more than a handle to hold the phone. It’s very impressive.

The stabilisation on the phone is excellent as is the accuracy.

I watched the Jonathan Morrison video when it first come out and have watched a few Japan trip videos that have come out recently. It does look impressive but was more interested to see how it does for everyday spontaneous shooting.

For more thought out shoots I was looking at that handle grip, small led and a decent mic. I really want to be free from a lot of gear and just capture short films of the kids growing up.

The RX100 could be freed up to snap or shoot video along with the iPhone if it is that good.

Associate
As anyone purchased a iphone 11 pro using Barclays finance? I took advantage of the 24 months 0% option but I find the 11 pro to small coming from a note 9.

It is under 14 days since my purchase and was wondering how easy it is to take it back to Apple and then deal with Barclays.

Do you think or know if I could just take back to Apple and pay the extra £100 for a 11 pro max without dealing with Barclays, also took apple care + out.

Soldato
As anyone purchased a iphone 11 pro using Barclays finance? I took advantage of the 24 months 0% option but I find the 11 pro to small coming from a note 9.

It is under 14 days since my purchase and was wondering how easy it is to take it back to Apple and then deal with Barclays.

Do you think or know if I could just take back to Apple and pay the extra £100 for a 11 pro max without dealing with Barclays, also took apple care + out.

it’s simple but you will be credit checked again .
If it’s within 14 days Apple will automatically terminate the finance if you return the phone (and Apple care) - then just do the finance again on the new phone (bring your documents again )

Soldato
Bit concerned about the battery on my 11 pro, it’s already at 96% and I got it in October iirc
I wouldn’t worry, most older phones I see in store have battery capacity of 85-95% .. but due to having 800+ cycles the battery life is incredibly poor (2-3 hours at best)
Battery health is the most meaningless statistic and I wish Apple would remove or rename it.

Associate
Some of you really must have minimal use of your phones. I’ve had my XS for 14 months now and is at 89%. Wouldn’t know if that was good or bad-just use it as I normally would.

Soldato
I bought my XS Max off someone upgrading to the 11 and it was on 92% at the start of September. I'm a reasonably heavy user and can be about 20-40% at the end of my 'working' day depending. It now has 91% health... although I see it as holding charge and discharging as expected in use. Far more important :)

Soldato
I'd like to upgrade my mum's old 6 Plus to an 11 on Vodafone. She currently on a £20 a month SIM only plan.

What's the best way to get her on reasonably low cost (low to mid £30 per month) plan and keep her number?

There seems to be deals with all these 3rd party sites, but it seems a lot more expensive with Vodafone direct.

Can you order a new contract through these 3rd party sites and then transfer your number?

Soldato
Yes, I rarely go direct for anything if there is discounts to be had with 3rd parties. You can transfer your number no problem. You can just text your operator for a PAK code, enter it into the website then ordering and your number will move a few working days after your contract is activated. To move your number you need to move networks but I think 3rd parties will sell you ‘upgrades’ at the same price if you are already a customer of the network.

If you want the lowest TCO consider paying more upfront. The more you pay upfront the less it tends to cost over the two years. It’s normally cheaper to get a 2 year contract from a 3rd party (while paying a chunk upfront) than buying the phone out right and setting a sim only. The most expensive is normally to go direct for a contract.

Consider using a price comparison site like uswitch, they tend to have even lower prices than going direct to a 3rd party even after Quidco/Topcashback.

Soldato
I'm looking to go back to an iPhone. Having tried the Google pixel 4, android just isn't for me. Despite it being a good phone due to the camera.

I'm looking at either the XR or 11? Is the 11 worth it over the XR? I have had an XR before and loved it for it's battery life. Battery life is most important for me rather than camera specs etc.

Man of Honour
Has anyone moved from an 11 Pro to an XR? My work phone is an XR, personal phone is an 11 Pro. I figure I could sell the 11 Pro now before the value drops more and use the XR with both SIMs in. I know the 11 Pro will be better in most ways but then again an XR isn't bad and it's free.

Soldato
That’s not really apples to apples due to the storage difference but:

For £70 go with the 11, if it’s nearer £100 or more go with the XR is my personal view. It’s a newer phone with a years more support, better battery life and faster processor.

That said you could get a brand new XR for £350 from O2 on Black Friday so £500 for a used one feels a bit steep.

Back
Top Bottom