Logitech G502 Lightspeed and charging mat

Man of Honour
OP
Well my G910 arrived and it's glorious (my first mechanical keyboard). Feels great, looks great and the customization options are vast (I love being able to have sections of keys that are uniquely lit up). The phone app is decent, but not particularly fussed about that aspect. Just need to wait patiently for Santa now to deliver my G502 and charging mat...

Soldato
I just snapped up a g502 too. It was between that and the g pro wireless.

Ultimately I quite like hefty mice and my mouse space is a bit limited. But what sold me on it was the buttons and the clicks available on the middle mouse button. It will make menu navigation and gameplay beautiful. I feel like for most games I’ll honestly just need to have WASD and everything else I can map to this beautiful mouse.

I cant wait to customise RDR 2 to middle mouse button dead eye, left middle click map and right middle click satchel just so speed up my menus.

I think the beauty of PC is the ability to customise and this mouse does just that.

Only negative is the charging cable as the space doesn’t look like it’ll fit in a magnetic microusb so I’m a bit stuck on options to easily charge this.

Associate
I've been using the wireless G502 a while now, i find battery life is great on it, let us know if you think the charging mat is worth it please. I keep thinking of buying it, but the ease of plugging a wire in every 4-5 days makes me question wether to bother with the charging mat.

Hoep you enjoy your mouse anyway, love mine, comfy and the buttons feel natrually in a comfy position.

Permabanned
It is supposedly to keep your battery at 85-95% to prolong its life (I have so G903 Non Removable) instead of 100% all the time like you manually charging it but I would say a drain to 0% and charge to 100% now and then is ideal but I forget to do so.

2019-12-26-1.png

Associate
It is supposedly to keep your battery at 85-95% to prolong its life (I have so G903 Non Removable) instead of 100% all the time like you manually charging it but I would say a drain to 0% and charge to 100% now and then is ideal but I forget to do so.

2019-12-26-1.png

Just looking at your mouse battery life, i have 98% at the minute, and says it will last 62 hours, yours on the other hand says only 24 hours @ 90%, so presumably if you didn't have a mouse charging mat, you'd have to charge it more often. Mine is G502.

On another quick note, anybody notice the sleep mode it goes into? If i leave my pc for a few minutes, i move the mouse and it's like the DPI has dropped really low.

Man of Honour
OP
I've been using the wireless G502 a while now, i find battery life is great on it, let us know if you think the charging mat is worth it please. I keep thinking of buying it, but the ease of plugging a wire in every 4-5 days makes me question wether to bother with the charging mat.

Unless the mat is discounted or a gift it is probably unnecessary given the cost. I do however love the feel of the cloth surface and the fact I never have to remember to charge the mouse. I quite like that the g logo syncs up with the rest of the colour scheme and acts as a receiver for the mouse.

Now I just need more games to play with the mouse.

Associate
Unless the mat is discounted or a gift it is probably unnecessary given the cost. I do however love the feel of the cloth surface and the fact I never have to remember to charge the mouse. I quite like that the g logo syncs up with the rest of the colour scheme and acts as a receiver for the mouse.

Yeah, maybe i'll just wait for a good offer to pop up at good price. Cheers.

Soldato
i bought the g502 wireless and it is indeed an amazing mouse.

only issue i have with it is the middle click can sometimes activate the side clicks but tbh my fingers are slightly outward facing so it could also be my anatomy.

the scroll wheel is no where near as satisfying as the mx master but its to be expected from a gaming mouse which will ideally want its mouse wheel to be precise over feeling silky smooth.

the ergonomics are great

most importantly the number of buttons transforms gaming for me .im not longer venturing around my keyboard for the interact/stealth/sprint/deadeye (Rdr2) or menu navigation. 11 buttons or even 9 if u dont use the middle click is ample to get most of those interactions out of the game and leave games feeling very intuitive.

i've left mine at 900 or 1000 dpi.

Associate
I bought one last week, I already have the 502 1st gen but the wires started to bend up and push through the braiding but I got used to it for gaming so the Wireless version was a no brainer for me.
It had 42% battery when I had it and it's been used pretty often and still has 23%, pretty impressed to be fair.

I did think about the charging mat but after reading about how well the mouse lasted on a charge I chose not to, just now anyway.

Man of Honour
OP
Have been using this setup a lot with TW warhammer 2 (which incidentally controls the colour profiles). Brilliant combo not having to ever think about charging. The mouse is a dream to use, best I’ve owned.

Back
Top Bottom