Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [26th - 27th December 2019]

Soldato
Overall team performance was noticeably better over the whole match, bar the end when it got a bit scrappy and end-to-end. Pity the finishing was largely poor, and the final balls often awful from Nelson and Saka, although in terms of chances created it seemed far more productive than it has been for a while - i.e. probably should have won the game. Defence did ok considering Luiz and Socrates is a dreadful combination, but not much choice really as other than Mustafi, Chambers had a ban for yellow card accumulation, Holding is still injured and Mavro is just... there.

Having had to watch the absolutely gutless, dire performances this season, that was at least entertaining and a cause for some optimism in terms of looking a bit more like they had an idea what they were doing, and hopefully if Chelsea keep their current league form up, it might be a decent time to play them.

Caporegime
Meh another draw, to be expected when Arteta hasn’t had much time to work with the squad. We looked much better than we did under Emery and Freddie.
But defensively we are a complete utter joke really. I can only hope Arteta starts putting his boot up a few of their arses because it’s an absolute embarrassment our defence.

Until he sorts that out, we are nowhere close to being a top 4 team let alone challenge for any trophies and titles.

I want to see Sokratis, Luiz, Xhaka and Mustafi out of the club as soon as possible. Who the **** thought buying calamity Luiz was a good idea, needs to be taken out back and booted in the nuts repeatedly.

Back
Top Bottom