Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [26th - 27th December 2019]

Caporegime
dont worry pep you can still bugger off to spain and try to buy another title.
Lol I swear to god if Liverpool screw this title this year I will never ever let you lot live it down:p. You screwed up last year and the year when Stevie G slipped and lost Liverpool a title.
Man City aren’t the side they have been the last couple of seasons, tbf losing Kompany and a few other injuries namely Aguero hasn’t helped them.

Well played by Wolves though.

Caporegime
Lol I swear to god if Liverpool screw this title this year I will never ever let you lot live it down:p. You screwed up last year and the year when Stevie G slipped and lost Liverpool a title.
Man City aren’t the side they have been the last couple of seasons, tbf losing Kompany and a few other injuries namely Aguero hasn’t helped them.

A great manager can win titles but it takes a real pro to rebuild while at the top and keep winning consistently.

Caporegime

if Liverpool don’t win the league I’m never watching another game of football

Man of Honour
Its really hard to see how Liverpool can fail to win the title now. There are 20 matches left (in Liverpools case), they are 13 pts ahead with a game in hand. In effect they would need to lose a quarter of their remaining games and the opposition would have to win every match, a 19 game winning run. It seems an incredible thing to say given that the season is only halfway through but I think the title race is over already.

Mathetically its not but perhaps realistically it is. I bet the powers that be at Liverpool have already commisioned a Klopp statue to be ready to be unveiled at Anfield the day after the season ends.

Soldato
Wouldn't mind seeing Traore getting a dead leg or something minor that puts him out of Sunday. I've a terrible feeling that Klopp's going to play Milner at fullback and that won't be good for my heart.

I think he goes full against Wolves then plays Milner vs Sheffield United and Everton personally.

Caporegime
Taking De Bruyne off killed the game for City

It will forever baffle me when managers, even top managers, are in a tough game but winning and take off their most effective player in keeping the game as it is. We've done it so many times, winning but everything in the game is going through a single player, they are having a great game, we sub them off and the game turns around completely.

You absolutely need to rest players and make subs, but some games are a difficult situation and clearly have one guy playing miles above the level of everyone else and taking them off will change things a lot. You're better off finishing him in this game and not playing him at all in the next as a team that starts without them will get into a groove of playing in the next game without them. But when you have a game like this which turns into a "everything is going through that player game" taking them off is so obviously the wrong choice.

Back
Top Bottom