Is it me or are a lot of couples breaking up at the moment?

Soldato
As the title says, I've noticed a lot in the last 6 months that a lot of couples that I know and that my wife knows have been splitting up.

It might be my age as I'm 37 and at that point in life people have been together a long time but it does seem particularly rife right now.

Am I being over sensitive here or has anyone else noticed?

Soldato
OP
Yea that all makes sense due to the time of year but I do think it's just so easy for people to split up these days.

There seems to be a real lack of fighting for it.

Soldato
Lots of rows happen at Christmas apparently, people not used to being together.

This ^^^

From my experience

So many couples that see each other maybe 4 hours a day having to spend two weeks together.

Plus a lot of ******** about new year new me and that leads to people thinking is this the best i can get?

btw: the girl that dumped me after 3 years, is now a single mum in a council house, whilst me and missus own our own house in the same village. Her face was like thunder when she realized who i was and where i lived :D

I also think that the idea you have to work at something these days seems to be a taboo, if it isnt instant or constant then it isnt good enough.

Caporegime
I’d seen something earlier about this week being the worst for affairs starting. 50,000 affairs will begin this week in this country according to statistics.

To be fair though, just LMAO if you aren’t a 6ft 4 square jawed, wide shouldered slayer who can’t hold a woman down with a simple Bert stare.

Soldato
Last week a Facebook 'friend' of mine came home 4 days into his honeymoon saying they have split up :)

Could be worse. I attended a wedding back in the day, a couple from Audley I used to drink with in The Rigger back when Dave owned it, where the groom spent his wedding night with one of the guests and his 'wife' ended up going on the honeymoon with the best man.

Soldato
Last week a Facebook 'friend' of mine came home 4 days into his honeymoon saying they have split up :)
I don't overly understand it, do people not spend time together before they commit to marriage these days? I first went out with my wife in 1988, when she was 18, we didn't get married until 1993. We're still together.

Caporegime
I don't overly understand it, do people not spend time together before they commit to marriage these days? I first went out with my wife in 1988, when she was 18, we didn't get married until 1993. We're still together.

You can spend years with someone and not truly know who they are. Some relationships don’t even get tested until years later once kids arrive, promotions that take away home time etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom