Harry and Meghan to resign

Man of Honour
Genuinely can't get my head around how some people manage to not realise she is mixed race, it's incredibly obvious even with the cosmetic surgery she's had. Very odd.

I can sort of understand it, I mean I know that she is mixed race but for some reason in my head I just don't think of her as mixed race. Don't know why that is. I mean I look at Rashida Jones (who wouldn't ! ) and I see mixed race but for some reason I don't see it when I look at Meghan Markle. Just one of those things I suppose. I personally think all the racism claims are wildly blown out of proportion anyway, and lets face it, it wouldn't be the first time that racism has been blown out of proportion.

Associate
Nobody should be subjected to our gutter press. Its way over the line at times.

But thats the English way these days I guess.

Whilst I agree in general, I hope you're not suggesting that the US press is better in any way. She was also no doubt very familiar with how the press is long before she got married.

Anyway, I get the impression that she loves the attention. If I'm wrong and they actually do go off and live a quiet, happy life, then good for them.

Permabanned
Whilst I agree in general, I hope you're not suggesting that the US press is better in any way. She was also no doubt very familiar with how the press is long before she got married.

Anyway, I get the impression that she loves the attention. If I'm wrong and they actually do go off and live a quiet, happy life, then good for them.

No not claiming US press is any better. However while she may have had press, good and bad, in the US before its nothing like what she has received from the UK gutter press.

Soldato
I remember Mike Tyson, among probably matter others, saying how the press here is/was way more brutal than in the States. They hound people with a Gestapo/KGB type of fervour.

Soldato
if the tax payer separately picks up accomodation and travel+security .... it's not a bad number

interesting to know the contribution to the french state, of all their palaces, to tourism, in comparison, but this debate already happened in royals thread
Netflix has augmented their popularity .. guess they don't get royalties.

French palaces don't wine and dine people. The pull the royals can have on foreign dignitaries and business types is hard to calculate. There is a reason they are asked to do this on behalf of the nation by government though, it helps brings money into the UK. It might not be a deal breaker but it can be the icing on the cake.

Soldato
Genuinely can't get my head around how some people manage to not realise she is mixed race, it's incredibly obvious even with the cosmetic surgery she's had. Very odd.

Because her skin isn't dark enough, just seen as tanned. Doesn't help either a lot of her photos in the media, her skin tone is air brushed to look lighter when standing against Harry.

Associate
If they think it's the best thing for them then good luck.

However, if they aren't doing the royal job thing then the perks of the job should be removed e.g. frogmore cottage, royal protection officers etc.

Caporegime
I remember Mike Tyson, among probably matter others, saying how the press here is/was way more brutal than in the States. They hound people with a Gestapo/KGB type of fervour.

Yeah its terrible, they called them out over private jet flights to some tech bro party etc... expect more of the same when they start going back and forth across the Atlantic, maintaining multiple homes while telling all the plebs to lower their carbon footprint.

However, if they aren't doing the royal job thing then the perks of the job should be removed e.g. frogmore cottage, royal protection officers etc.

I wonder if Andrew's daughters might have to step into the role - they had their protection officers removed as they're not working royals but Andrew wanted a role for them. Prince Charles' plans were for just him and his family to be senior royals going forwards but if it ends up being just him and Camilla + Will and Kate available for Royal duties (the Kents and Gloucesters aren't getting and younger and the next generation there are too far removed to be Royals) then they might need to make use of Andrew's daughters after all should Harry and Meg quit the firm.

Caporegime
Princess Diana's death at the hands of a gutter press after a rocky marriage with Prince Charles who wasn't really innocent either, Prince Nonce gallivanting about with King Nonce, Prince Harry abandoning the family for America and the Queen undoubtedly nearing her magnanimous end. Must be really awkward being a royalist right now, how many scandals could there be?

Especially, the Ulster Orange must be doing some hefty trigonometry at the moment to justify their continued mental gymnastics to cover for their anti-Catholic sectarianism. They might have to admit soon that it's actually just the latter that keeps them going, that would be unfortunate.

Last edited:
Associate
I couldn't care either way about whether or not they want to be actively working royals, that is there choice to make.

What I do care about is tax payers money. We funded allot of the costs for there wedding, we funded the security for the wedding, we paid to refurbish frogmore cottage (where they live rent free) and we continue to fund there current security. All of that was paid for on the understanding they would be working royals. if they want to quit we deserve a refund.

Soldato
Princess Diana's death at the hands of a gutter press after a rocky marriage with Prince Charles who wasn't really innocent either, Prince Nonce gallivanting about with King Nonce, Prince Harry abandoning the family for America and the Queen undoubtedly nearing her magnanimous end. Must be really awkward being a royalist right now, how many scandals could there be?

Especially, the Ulster Orange must be doing some hefty trigonometry at the moment to justify their continued mental gymnastics to cover for their anti-Catholic sectarianism.

William will keep it together.

Soldato
She might genuinely like/love Harry, but I have no doubt that she factored in it would also be great for her career as the septics love the royals. It was just a matter of time before she started making noises about getting back into acting. The roles she’s offered now will be several steps above anything she’s had in the past, simply due to the prestige she will now bring. Oscar winners are one thing, but having a royal in your cast is another level.

If she becomes an A-lister in her own right, then we'll see what the marriage really means.

Back
Top Bottom