Harry and Meghan to resign

Soldato
Soldato
OP
In what way are they a class act?

I know nothing about them personally, and I find it a bit strange how people can post predictions about how long their marriage will last etc. As if they actually know anything worth knowing about them. The hate for her makes me cringe.

The general impression I get, is that they don't want to raise their family the way Harry was raised. He doesn't want his wife to be subjected to the same treatment his mother was, and he doesn't want his son to have the same upbringing that he himself had. They aren't afraid to stand up for themselves.

Good on them, I wish them luck and hope not to hear too much more about them. That would probably be a decent measure of their success.

Soldato
OP
People calling her a gold digger do realise she's a multi millionaire right? She started out without a pot to **** in and made her own way in life.

The press have been after her from day 1. They ripped her over her family around the wedding, like most families don't have issues in the past ffs. Maybe her mistake was fighting back because the British tabloid press won't tolerate people fighting back and will double down. Why should she just take it on the chin though? Just because she married a royal doesn't mean everything in her life is fair game ffs. If anyone thinks it is then you are part of the problem and the readership the tabloids are aiming at.

It's hilarious that people feel they could predict their marriage wouldn't last. It might not because over time lots don't and they live in a place where every action is scrutinised by the press. Like a relationship isn't difficult enough already without that **** as well. I'm sure Harry looks at what the press are doing to his wife and can see the similarities to his mother. They should get out now and find their own path. I'm sure Harry will still support causes like Invictus Games and they'll both continue to do charitable works.

Great post, I couldn't have put it better myself.

You reply with some bizarre nonsense and expect me to decode it? No wonder you think these two people are so great. You’re not really capable of much are you.

Calm down, you're far too easily triggered. My response to you was a tongue in cheek reference to the Daily Mail type scrutiny she receives regarding what she looks like. Is that what she did to "provoke rage from the public"?

If not, then what has she done to provoke rage? It's a reasonable question, considering that you made the statement. And try to reply without insults, it's really unnecessary.

Soldato
OP
You’re dramatising things, peoples frustrations isn’t because of someone’s physical appearance. There are lots of valid criticisms (some not so) of them which a majority of people share. If you want to ignore all that and talk them up great, good for you but if you can’t accept criticism for ignoring it then don’t post. I’m not hurling insults at you, I’m criticising your strange posting behaviour which I can only assume is because you’re upset people disagree with you.

So you're swerving the question then? Nothing specific you can offer?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
My views.. Yadda Yadda yadda

Every post will reference an acquaintance from the past who had a relevance of some sort to the conversation, it's utterly convenient for you to have interacted with people in this way. Very convenient Indeed.

I think for once, you may actually be able to claim first hand experience of the subject matter at hand. ;)

Soldato
OP
But you dont believe Harry has issues? Hes been talking for years how he has problems...

His mother died in a horrific crash that was broadcast around the world.
He doesnt agree with the firms bid to keep up appearances, he despises the job of being a royal.
And his wife is/was now subject to a torrent of abuse by the UK press.

One of those three points are enough to get anyone depressed, let alone all three.

Agreed.

He didn't ask for it, he hates it and he wants to get out. It's a perfectly reasonable position.

Soldato
OP
Never having met him I know as much and as little about him as most other people here.

Compared to many people he has no real issues, in very many ways he's in a superbly privileged position, so no I don't believe he has any serious mental health problems, he's just a whinger. Paired with another whinger the combination is what we now see...

When did you meet Harry?

Soldato
OP
The same time you met President Trump, of whom you have strong opinions ;) You don't need to physically meet someone to have an opinion of them, if you did this forum would be like a ghost town...

I was pointing out the contrast and double standard between the two quotes of yours, read it again.

As for Trump, you must be confusing me with someone else as I rarely discuss him, if at all.

Soldato
OP
I didn't say I meet her did I? I said the TYPE of person she is - it's a BIG difference that should be obvious.

It wasn't obvious. You're acting like you know someone that you clearly don't. You're trying to justify unfounded accusations by comparing a person in the news to a person you know [e.g. your sister], and thinking they are the same.

The Meghan Markle you have sussed out is actually just a fictional person in your head.

Soldato
OP
So I heard on radio 4 this morning that he is just losing his Sovereign Grant of around £2.1m and not doing any Royal duties in return but will still get 95% of what he used to get from the Duchy of Cornwall plus will still get royal security and police protection. So that's a pretty sweet deal for anybody giving up their full time job and still getting 95% of their income. And some people were worried on here as to what he was going to live on?

I don't think they were ever going to hand him a sleeping bag and a cardboard box.

Back
Top Bottom