Liquid Art: From Mini P180 to infinity...

Soldato
No they didn't, it was bought for a build but never registered. Card itself is still sealed in the anti-static bag! Really happy with the price that i got this at.

Will do a few pictures of the unboxing prior to the build :D

get them to register it . Gigabyte is done via person and not via Bot check . Might get away with later registration if it isn't too late

3ivse8l.jpg

Soldato
OP
get them to register it . Gigabyte is done via person and not via Bot check . Might get away with later registration if it isn't too late

3ivse8l.jpg

Ah i didn’t know that, so can i still register it with the cards serial number or do i need the original receipt etc as well? Thanks for the useful info.

I contemplated this one as well and the cablemods package but the phanteks one allows me to move the mount up or down so depending on my setup it gives me that flexibility to change the gpu’s position.

Does it just touch then or actually rub against it?

Soldato
Ah i didn’t know that, so can i still register it with the cards serial number or do i need the original receipt etc as well? Thanks for the useful info.

I contemplated this one as well and the cablemods package but the phanteks one allows me to move the mount up or down so depending on my setup it gives me that flexibility to change the gpu’s position.

Does it just touch then or actually rub against it?

need the original order. if you can get the person you ordered it from to do it, should then be able to claim 4 yrs. bit of a grey area that that rep on here touched about .

touches, gpu is pushed about 2 degrees off center but all fine . Xtreme ram kit prob tallest on market

Soldato
OP
need the original order. if you can get the person you ordered it from to do it, should then be able to claim 4 yrs. bit of a grey area that that rep on here touched about .

touches, gpu is pushed about 2 degrees off center but all fine . Xtreme ram kit prob tallest on market
Messaged the guy so hopefully i can get the original receipt then and register it. Whats the standard warranty then without registering?

2 degrees is not a lot, aslong as its not putting pressure on the pcie slot. Glad its worked for you, the coolermaster kit isn't expensive either. Much cheaper than the cablemods kit anyway.

Soldato
OP
Finally finished! I got the hang of bending PETG so it was very quick compared to my original attempt. I was pretty lucky as well with getting everything to align up properly, didn't have to tweak much and it all came together nicely. The gap between the gpu and the pump/reservoir was so tight... can just about get a few pieces of paper through there.. haha :p.

First off! Update on the new GPU, finally got my Aorus 2080 xtreme watercooled gpu! This thing is gorgeous, always dreamed of getting one of these and it just so happens that one came up cheap on an auction site. Opened but unused, the gpu had not been touch and was still sealed in its anti-static bag! Great! Weighs absolute ton as well, so glad its mounted vertically and not bending the pcie slot with its mammoth weight. As usual, some pics to go with the build from start to finish. The only thing i am missing now is a 3rd bottom fan to take up the empty space for some more added airflow.

TQLwyb3.jpg

qHmHC9z.jpg

M68IRip.jpg

RWta05B.jpg

b31qW8u.jpg

A6G9hgV.jpg

qyLoFeO.jpg

Nifty position for the water temp monitor:rolleyes:
1VRr0Ia.jpg

Gigabyte RTX 2080 Aorus Xtreme watercooled unboxing
9skc8OQ.jpg

0CBfK5H.jpg

MTx0SFp.jpg

AAN7aqX.jpg

hHeYPX1.jpg

PuQtHBi.jpg

H0eBJjt.jpg

And she's in! Bloody tight! (That's what he said):p
ML47DBK.jpg

Rwyj4Oo.jpg

Some deburring, not the neatest but it does the job. Used XSPC's deburrer
ronQu8Q.jpg

A2Wq0B6.jpg

SKyQDhw.jpg

And its finally assembled, ready for some coolant.
SKyQDhw.jpg

50niUPT.jpg

PDLKirE.jpg

KUp1Nql.jpg

Straight in with some testing and some overclocking. Only managed a +55mhz on the core and +800mhz on the memory without crashes. At stock it boosted to 2010mhz with a score of 10425 on Time spy. Overclocked i managed a nice 10908 on the default settings on Time spy! Very pleased to say the least! Compared to the 2070 super with a hefty overclock i could not get past 10420, so quite a boost in performance (depending on the application of course).

x1tgZ8e.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
does look stunning!

found personally just using clear fluid works best with RGB and looks clean . And with glass is just magical
I know what you mean, i’ve clear fluid for the past 6 years and tbh i really want a change. Tell you what though, there has been zero corrosion on all my blocks using de-ionised water for years. My Bitspower EF summit is still crystal clean! Lets see how she fairs with mayhems pastel and some dye for the next 6 years again haha.

Soldato
OP
@Jay85 very nice! did the owner sign up to the 4 yr warranty ?
So i registered it today without the original receipt, i used the paypal invoice i got from the transaction and the warranty has been confirmed now with the 4 year instead of 3. Is there anything i'm missing? Does this email act as an official confirmation?

VBVMV0N.jpg

Soldato
OP
@Jay85 long as its been registered etc should be fine. any issues then Rep on here can assist :D

was the card registered past the 30 days from when the card was first bought ?
I dont know when the card was actually bought as the seller didn’t tell me. i just registered it using the receipt from when i bought it haha. Seems to have worked?

Soldato
OP
Update:

Added 1 more radiator to the bottom! Was a tight squeeze and tbh i wasn't sure it would fit but after some toying around i managed to get it to slot in there. It's a XSPC TX360 ultra slim radiator, measuring at just 20.5mm thick! Slimmest radiator i own upto now! There is about a 1mm gap between the bottoms and the bottom of the vertical mount for the gpu. With this i also changed the colour of the coolant to orange to best match the Aorus theme.... however ran into some trouble with the colour. With the RGB lights off its orange however when the lights are on it turns to a pinky red colour... can't explain it, maybe i added too much orange dye in there so its reacting to the strong White LED light from the fans? Ordered some EK cryofuel solid orange to see if it does the same.. just means draining the loop again! Added a memory RGB lighting kit as well just to fill in the empty gaps there, came up cheap so why not?

Temps dropped another few Celsius in particular on the cpu side.

Before:
GPU temp: 48-50c max
CPU temp: 70-75c max

After:
GPU temp: 42-44c max
CPU temp: 65-67c max

Love improvement! With the lower gpu temps, i'm also boosting upto 2055mhz contact now compared to 2040mhz constant previous.

Now for some pictures as per usual..

hHqNrBh.jpg

tYqDhtX.jpg

ed2LmjR.jpg

UpdM8pd.jpg

Yw7bhhY.jpg

Update again once i get the coolant changed out and the lighting back to white to colour match everything else.

Happy with it so far :)

Soldato
OP
New coolant arrive to test the theory if its the RGB causing the reaction or the coolant itself that has the issue. Can't wait to see what happens! Will try in some tubing first and hold it up against the light to see if it reacts rather than wasting time draining the loop.

1squIaf.jpg

Looks a lot like orange juice this stuff!

Soldato
OP
The final images of the completed system. The fluid came out better than expected, had to add a few drops of red dye in there to give it a darker tone. Added 3 new ML120 fans in white and moved the prizm fans down to the bottom so the enermax fans could be used in another system.

Final piece to come is the shorter reservoir which should be here tomorrow, OCUK have given the shipped confirmation! With that i should be able to adjust the side 360 radiator and add another 120mm fan at the top for exhaust.

LzEPFbF.jpg

efpU3xt.jpg

zdBF1jT.jpg

Associate
Stumbled across this thread and its a great build. I've finally recently got a 144hz monitor and with the unlocked frames Im finding that the GPU temps are pretty high, so I'm thinking now of starting off watercooling with a GPU only build and extending to CPU where necessary.

Have the same case as you, so going to have a read through to get more details to see how to mitigate problems. Which vertical mount is that? I have the coolermaster one, which was great before as the slots were closer to the motherboard, which gave my air cooled GPU more room to breathe. However since I upgraded a couple of months back, it might be TOO close as it will foul on my RAM (same as yours by the looks of it).

Its a lovely looking build and I'm starting to look at pumps etc. Annoyingly the standard 011D is just a few mm short to give me real options without vertical mounting, so will have to see whats possible.

Any plans going ahead?

Back
Top Bottom