*** The New Cases Gallery ***

Associate
Case fans come with the case preinstalled, that's the 3 in the front and 1 at the rear. The 2 in the top are the rgb fans from the coolermaster ml240r rgb AIO. Annoyingly, couldn't put the 240 rad in the roof because with the fans on the rad, it fouls on the memory sticks and motherboard connectors at the top. As you can see in the pic, it's all a little tight with a large motherboard. I just couldn't manage to get the rad with the fans attached to it to fit with the higher memory sticks and the motherboard connectors. Really wanted that heat from the CPU out of the case, but had to fudge it a little.

ovn27j9h.jpg
on the one hand I want the cpu heat out of the case and would try and mount the rad on the top - on the other hand the rad manufacturers recommend to put the rad at the front for better cpu cooling (cold air enters he rad). therefore the rad at the front isn't bad. I guess that the air from the rad going into the case will only raise the temp by a few degrees (I would expect the air/temp inside the case to be any more than 35ºC.

Soldato
11 year old CPU and Mobo in new case with the some 3d printed parts

X5550 Quad Core CPU
Supermicro X8STi X58 Motherboard
12GB DDR3
Nvidia 8800GTS sprayed white
Kolink Classic 500w PSU
Sandisk 128gb SSD
Kolink Stronghold Case
Windows 10 Pro
3x 3D Printed Honeycomb mesh fan grills
1x 3D Printed Honeycomb mesh thin cpu grill
1x 3D Printed GPU Brace
1x 3D Printed I/O Plate (Not installed at mo)

q6AkalZ.jpg
7nbicY4.jpg
WsadgPh.jpg
qcZfRRv.jpg
QbVpTLv.jpg
n2uWhQI.jpg

Associate

X5550 Quad Core CPU
12GB DDR3
Kolink Classic 500w PSU
Sandisk 128gb SSD
Kolink Stronghold Case
Windows 10 Pro
1x 3D Printed GPU Brace

q6AkalZ.jpg
7nbicY4.jpg
WsadgPh.jpg
qcZfRRv.jpg
QbVpTLv.jpg
n2uWhQI.jpg
I love those parts. Did you print them yourself? I really want to get into 3d printing when I 'retire'. If you did them yourself, which printer and software packages did you use?

The results look fab.

Soldato
I love those parts. Did you print them yourself? I really want to get into 3d printing when I 'retire'. If you did them yourself, which printer and software packages did you use?

The results look fab.

Yes, Using an Ender 3 Pro, which was given to me free along with a load of filament. models downloaded from Thingiverse then "sliced" ready for the printer using "cura" which is free.

Ive done some headset holders too. I will have a go at creating my own models at some point, because i know AutoCAD i will probably start here first

Associate
Yes, Using an Ender 3 Pro, which was given to me free along with a load of filament. models downloaded from Thingiverse then "sliced" ready for the printer using "cura" which is free.

Ive done some headset holders too. I will have a go at creating my own models at some point, because i know AutoCAD i will probably start here first
Thanks, I am just educating myself at the moment, but will buy some equipment next year I think.

Soldato
long story short, I had an issue with my 9900k, so I thought stuff it, I will give AMD a good go, So I bought a 3900X and a 5700XT.

Just finished building this system, so here is a pic of how it looks the now.

Looks a bit bare at the top without the 360mm rad lol

byW2GmZ.jpg

Only issue I had was the USB 3 connector cannot fit :( this is because the two USB connections on the motherboard are right at the bottom, and this conflicts with the fans on the bottom of the case.

So I will buy a USB c to USB b connector as my case has this on the front.

I don't use the USB hardly ever but just in case, I will buy this adaptor.

Soldato
So I just picked up a Phanteks P300A as I was looking for a decent airflow midsize case for a fully ATX Motherboard and given how well the P400A has performed it was obviously worthwhile giving it a shot. Here it is here...

1655uxP.jpg
HpI0Wae.jpg

I have to say it was a nice case to build in and also the airflow is actually fantastic on it. I've got my 3700X @ 1.3v which is sitting around 4.2Ghz solid when stressed and hits a max temp of 65c on the Low fan setting. My 5700XT 50th Anniversary (Back to that now) has seen some nice drops without any voltage changes or anything like that and tops out around 80-82c typically. Big drops all in from the 220T case which I was using before this and looks sooooo much better. £49.99 is an absolute steal for this case.

Soldato
Decided to try Ryzen and go Mini DTX

y4m7z_zh-VyTTyZmcZqSvg5x0LTvu3X1VZrZ2E_qyaKON3qHJWoqRL9zxXIdshVu0_UrAs_YksbWERvZZXjtcwdEuRjGwtC9tArpzIgxvsyopDi8xRxm_xuhdFOXn08GPT_Q_U5x2iBlljv1T3zSltxRiDM1T3MirnMHg2tEBmJsi_0uvpaF6vcqqM83gqpSL4BYzDm-AMCq1Rw--UGYrZIwA

y4mtTLOwQUxiEMI3QospgT9MTT0wzq3sid9F7ZiodbpveuL3ihRV6Xn48foPbZhxkbfcMbOUOfTsQs7oFZn0VuJW5Cbp5gpOzl8XCg2m53SjEFXS0UUdXm-AdKEQHhWH_qy4S1O_ImttutRv_hdTfiLrK5DSuMbjS9-jeDxacSh5gbqlI8fk_RdP2-QKSWKCZttSbRLSv9t3E7VsC-ftWWbaw

Soldato
So I just picked up a Phanteks P300A as I was looking for a decent airflow midsize case for a fully ATX Motherboard and given how well the P400A has performed it was obviously worthwhile giving it a shot. Here it is here...

1655uxP.jpg
HpI0Wae.jpg

I have to say it was a nice case to build in and also the airflow is actually fantastic on it. I've got my 3700X @ 1.3v which is sitting around 4.2Ghz solid when stressed and hits a max temp of 65c on the Low fan setting. My 5700XT 50th Anniversary (Back to that now) has seen some nice drops without any voltage changes or anything like that and tops out around 80-82c typically. Big drops all in from the 220T case which I was using before this and looks sooooo much better. £49.99 is an absolute steal for this case.

nice build, looks great

Soldato

X5550 Quad Core CPU
12GB DDR3
Kolink Classic 500w PSU
Sandisk 128gb SSD
Kolink Stronghold Case
Windows 10 Pro
1x 3D Printed GPU Brace

Hadn't been connected to VPN, so these pics hadn't loaded for me previously.
Really like the look of this build.
What do you use it for?

Soldato
Hadn't been connected to VPN, so these pics hadn't loaded for me previously.
Really like the look of this build.
What do you use it for?

Nothing lol, they are bits i had spare. and i the 3d printer was given to me and wanted some things to test print. i just paid for the case when it was reduced. Its an Emergency PC. I have to build a budget PC for a mates grandson, so i have done a couple more of the grills for him too

Man of Honour
Just rebuilt my Jonsbo MOD1, good bye watercooling - Hello aircooling ( well apart from the AIO )

DOlDN8Z.jpg

5bbwVB1.jpg

3900X
Saphire 5700xt Nitro+ Special Edition
Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570
Corsair Vengance Pro 3600mhz
Sabrent NVME
9 x Corsair 120mm ML PRO fans + Phanteks Lux Aluminium RGB covers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom