Office Pro Plus 2019 installs 32 bit not 64

Soldato
Hello all

I bought Office Pro Plus 2019 and installed it last night and even though Microsoft state the 64 bit version installs by default, unless you have a 32 bit version of a standalone office app already installed (if I do I don't have a clue what it is), but on 3 separate attempts at installing it, it installs the 32 bit version. This is on a fresh install of Windows 10 64 bit on a new PC I finished building last Friday.

What am I missing? Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Soldato
OP
You don't have to have the x64 bit version but if you really do then take a look at this article.

Are you defo sure it's installing the x32 bit edition?

https://support.office.com/en-gb/ar...d0c-b5fe-6c6f49b8d261?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB

Yes I've read that article and I've actually downloaded the install .exe directly from Microsoft.

When I go into Task Manager and check processes it will say Microsoft Outlook (32 bit) whereas at work right now I have Outlook open, as well as Excel, and Task Manager says Microsoft Outlook/Microsoft Excel.

Caporegime
Why do you need 64bit office?

My task manager doesn't specifiy 32 bit either, but when you open file location it sits in program files (x86)

Back
Top Bottom