Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Soldato
That will be the SBMM which has made it difficult. If you do well for a few games then you get put into lobbies with higher skilled players.

I know SBMM isnt all about player level, and naturally you meet better players the more you play but I still dont feel that's the full story. The overall scores / points / kd etc have been fairly consistent on the scoreboard.

Dont get me wrong I did lose 1v1 gun fights at the beginning in the morning but it was fair enough as 9 times out of 10 the person just outplayed me. In the afternoon a big chunk seemed to be due to latency. On my screen I had my gun up and fired several rounds. On their screen I didn't even ADS. That wasn't happening in the morning.

Maybe it's just time of day.

Soldato
Not happy, went to play last night, and there's a ~51 gig update :( ETA was 2 hours, then 3, then 5 - so I opted to play The Order 1886 (never finished it).

Here's hoping I get to play tonight.

Same, 68gb update here on xbox, normally can download that size in a hour or less, but it was crawling yesterday evening, so gave up. will try it again today.

Soldato
I was lucky, It must have automatically downloaded over night (Which strangely Fortnite wont)… I didn't play season 1 as I have only just purchased it. Gotta say its pretty intense, especially those Ground Warfare maps. Not really doing as bad as expected and I am already at level 20 after a couple of hours playing, I even won a match of FFA. The BR looks like its going to be good, even though like I was at the start of playing fortnite, I will probably get hammered. Bought the battlepass as it was only £8.49 so I thought why not.

Soldato
Anyone getting problematic lag with this update? Games occasionally freezing and stopping for me on PS4 just when I've lined up a shot usually!

Associate
Anyone getting problematic lag with this update? Games occasionally freezing and stopping for me on PS4 just when I've lined up a shot usually!

I've noticed quite a bit of stuttering on Rust, particularly when climbing up the structure/pipe. Like the framerate noticeably drops.

Soldato
mainly get lag when people call in ariel kill streaks, game freezes 1/2 second then i'm respawning... again :p (xbox one x)

Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind not being able to filter by map instead of game mode? Have to keep backing out of lobbies to avoid the maps I don't want to play. Just want to pick one of my favourite maps and play whatever mode is currently on. too much to ask for?

Associate
Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind not being able to filter by map instead of game mode? Have to keep backing out of lobbies to avoid the maps I don't want to play. Just want to pick one of my favourite maps and play whatever mode is currently on. too much to ask for?

The devs have said they don’t want to add that as their data shows that more lobbies are disbanded when its there due to people leaving when they don’t get their choice.

Soldato
Which is a load of crap really. People just leave now anyway if the map isn't one they like :rolleyes:

I'm not that fussed about no map voting, but what gets me is the randomness of maps, I normally filter a mode like domination, and sometimes I get the same map straight after playing it, and the maps selection you do get is very limited, I can play 7-8 rounds sometimes and in that time I will get maybe 3-4 at most different maps.

I think its to do with how the servers work, after each game you get thrown into a different server with different people, so you can never get a good map rotation going.

It's pretty rubbish how it works.

Associate
I agree it's a joke. Disconnected from the lobby as I hate Aniyah Palace , waited a few minutes each time then searched again , after 5 attempts and getting nothing but Aniyah Palace I quit the game. :(

Soldato
Anyone know what the deal is with being kicked back to main menu with a message game restarted due to update?
Done it 4 maps in a row now. Very annoying.

When logging back in the download bar flashes up briefly before I get the usual campaign, multiplayer, coop menu etc.

Anyone else getting this?

Back
Top Bottom