BMW and M Power Owners

Man of Honour
No they don’t, it’s the Japanese that have quality nailed especiall Toyota. You’d have to be deluded to think the best quality cars come out of Germany as it’s simply not true.

I'm not sure why you're persisting with this in a BMW thread. You clearly aren't interested in any criticism - much of which has been fair.

Tesla's are expensive, this is a fact. The competing German car products offer much better quality, aside from being an EV - which most people aren't bothered about.

Soldato
No they don’t, it’s the Japanese that have quality nailed especiall Toyota. You’d have to be deluded to think the best quality cars come out of Germany as it’s simply not true.
Context is important in my response. I was (fairly obviously) talking relative to Tesla.

Either way, the quality of the Tesla product is far lower than the competition.

Soldato
Context is important in my response. I was (fairly obviously) talking relative to Tesla.

Yes this is true, a couple of my panels didn’t line up properly from the factory which is something you’d never see from a Toyota/Hyundai/Renault never mind much more expensive cars although far lower is a bit of an exaggeration.

Soldato
How about the model 3 as the model s was basically a first attempt.

The Roadster was their first attempt.

I haven't been in anything other than an S, but I wouldn't expect a great deal of difference between models if I'm honest. I honestly wouldn't want to spend 40K on a car that has that interior or that ride quality.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Talking of quality, I drove and looked around a Porsche Cayenne today. My god it is much better than a Mercedes ML or BMW F15. (I have an f25 and in isolation I really like that). Porsche really do have quality (or at least perceived quality) nailed. Really nice cars. Tesla definitely can’t compete at that level which is a shame as I do love them and what they are doing to the market.

Soldato
Talking of quality, I drove and looked around a Porsche Cayenne today. My god it is much better than a Mercedes ML or BMW F15. (I have an f25 and in isolation I really like that). Porsche really do have quality (or at least perceived quality) nailed. Really nice cars. Tesla definitely can’t compete at that level which is a shame as I do love them and what they are doing to the market.

yes Porsche are on another level in both build quality and price (and depreciation)

The newer nexus models are very good too, I tested the latest GS which is aincient and it was very well put together.
I also ownerd an Infiniti m37 and it’s fit and finish was extremely high too.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Yeah, price is the downside. Terrible value for money in isolation for the age and mileage. Really nice cars though compared with bmw and Mercedes, another level completely imo and I’ve always considered myself a bmw/merc fan. I have to wonder just how nice a Panamera must be, I’ve never really had them on my radar when looking at saloons (I’m much more of an SUV person these days).

Soldato
Yes this is true, a couple of my panels didn’t line up properly from the factory which is something you’d never see from a Toyota/Hyundai/Renault never mind much more expensive cars although far lower is a bit of an exaggeration.

Panels not lining up is something I'd never expect to see on a Vauxhall to be honest. :rolleyes:

Soldato
You’ve just given a great first hand examples of why it’s not an exaggeration.

Soldato
Tesla's are expensive, this is a fact. The competing German car products offer much better quality, aside from being an EV - which most people aren't bothered about.

What an odd thing to say, "Tesla's are expensive, this is a fact." are BMW's not expensive as well?

As for the quality it's not really a linear scale is it? Our Mercedes C-Coupe Premium Plus isn't what I'd call a cheap car, and the interior is nice, but I'd say that it certainly isn't a million miles off the likes of a Model 3 from a quality of materials, and finish side of things. A great deal of the 'quality' people refer to is lack of the buttons, knobs and dials rather than the actual materials or workmanship.

They don't really have any competition in the traditional sense though, since as per the quote from Robbo above, aside from it being an EV which most people don't care about.

I suppose it's a bit like when the first iPhone came out, and it was utterly craptastic, and didn't really have any competition. Yes it was a phone, but it was more than a phone at the same time so comparing it with an Nokia N95 was pointless as the Nokia was a clunky mess as well, just people were more used to that clunky mess so thought it would never catch on, and now look where we are. ;)

Soldato
What an odd thing to say, "Tesla's are expensive, this is a fact." are BMW's not expensive as well?

As for the quality it's not really a linear scale is it? Our Mercedes C-Coupe Premium Plus isn't what I'd call a cheap car, and the interior is nice, but I'd say that it certainly isn't a million miles off the likes of a Model 3 from a quality of materials, and finish side of things. A great deal of the 'quality' people refer to is lack of the buttons, knobs and dials rather than the actual materials or workmanship.

They don't really have any competition in the traditional sense though, since as per the quote from Robbo above, aside from it being an EV which most people don't care about.

I suppose it's a bit like when the first iPhone came out, and it was utterly craptastic, and didn't really have any competition. Yes it was a phone, but it was more than a phone at the same time so comparing it with an Nokia N95 was pointless as the Nokia was a clunky mess as well, just people were more used to that clunky mess so thought it would never catch on, and now look where we are. ;)

It has already caught on, look at the interior of the latest octavia. There’s few buttons

Back
Top Bottom