What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
I've not managed to get any photos myself so these are the ones from the dealership:

Nice. Love the white. Your interior is much nicer than mine, especially the dash and radio, mine is drab by comparison.
f-00042c.jpg

And your seats are full leather, whereas mine are material and coloured-matched to the car, and get dirty way too easy.

Associate
Nice. Love the white. Your interior is much nicer than mine, especially the dash and radio, mine is drab by comparison.

Thanks, the colour was the deciding factor. You say your interior is drab in comparison. It does what is intended, climate control can be handy although the satnav is outdated, I just use Google maps on my phone and the radio touchscreen can be a little dimwitted. I'm sure though you find the engine note makes up for it all, I was tempted to move away from the Focus as the last one had only done 40k after the gearbox went bang, this one is on 117k so I think the old one had been abused, but saw this and had to go for it.

I really like the red, it's also rare and if I'd found one to the same spec as mine I'd have bought it. The red ones do seem to be in the higher price bracket, a proper fast Ford colour - my mum had a red MK2 Fiesta XR2.

Soldato
Went out to pick up shopping - first time actually going to the outside world in a few weeks. Watched it tick over to 58,000 miles. Yes I got someone to take photos, I was sad to miss 56,789 completely. There's no way this car will make it to 123,456 :o

CHmaJ07l.jpg
XdPfr0pl.jpg

Caporegime
Make it un-come with the car then :p

No idea what the obsession is with Ford people and putting different coloured badges on and stuff, it's just tatty. :( (not you since you didn't put it on)

There's a bloke near my parents who buys a new focus every time one is released. He then immediately proceeds to cover it in maximum tat.

I'm talking all of this crap

https://www.carid.com/ford-focus-chrome-accessories/

Right down to roof rails and everything. On top of that he colour matches the badges to the body colour and sticks 470 badges on the front grille.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
There's a bloke near my parents who buys a new focus every time one is released. He then immediately proceeds to cover it in maximum tat.

I'm talking all of this crap

https://www.carid.com/ford-focus-chrome-accessories/

Right down to roof rails and everything. On top of that he colour matches the badges to the body colour and sticks 470 badges on the front grille.
I can't ******* stand people who add chrome trim onto EVERYTHING. Headlight surrounds? Check. Rear light cluster surrounds? Check. F.O.

Permabanned
No idea what the obsession is with Ford people and putting different coloured badges on and stuff, it's just tatty.

I could say exactly the same thing for people who RGB EVERYTHING in their PC, it just looks tacky and cheap. RGB Mice, Keyboards, RAM, Motherboards, Fans, CPU Coolers, Cases, the list goes on and on.

Permabanned
Who would have thought a 1 inch sticker would trigger so many ****.

Any more attempts to circumvent the swear filter will result in a suspension. Please pay attention to the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Yup, we got one back in February from selling the wifes car. We didn't get round to paying it in straight away and now we can't! Hopefully things will have sorted themselves out in the next 4 months otherwise it is score £85 to the DVLA :rolleyes:

I think there’s some unknown rule where they can’t refuse to issue you a new cheque if you run out of time.

Soldato
Who would have thought a 1 inch sticker would trigger so many tw@ts.

ocuk motors subforum..... you'll get flamed for anything non standard looking, even if it is standard and someone thinks it isn't. My car has black grills, stock from factory (option), and it makes it chavvy and tasteless, and my private plate, legally spaced and font, is crass and horrible, and I should hang about in gym carparks I believe I was told :D Luckily it's not on black wheels and doesn't have a corner sofa inside or some would self combust. You will get used to it :D :D :D

Soldato
Who would have thought a 1 inch sticker would trigger so many tw@ts.
I mean.. They have a point. There's a factory-fit ST badge at the bottom of the steering wheel. A badly-fitted one in place of the original 'Ford' badge literally a few inches above it is somewhat redundant, don't you think? :p

Soldato
At least they didn't buy a pov spec focus and stick ST badges on it, I see that sometimes.

Actually, I think Ford do it themselves now :/

Back
Top Bottom