China's 'wet markets' have reopened

Associate
Last edited:
Caporegime
China does not give one single **** about what the world thinks of them and their outdated barbaric practices.

They know full well that the west loves their cheap electronic goods so will carry on doing this until the world tells them to **** off with their cheap electronic goods.

Will that happen anytime soon?? Nope.

Also forget their abuses towards animals, look at how they “abuse” their own people ie Chinese Muslims amongst other oppressed people.

Does that mean we should sit idly by and let them continue?? No but until our respective govts start boycotting China, ain’t a single damned thing going to happen other than the usual tsk tsk naughty naughty China.

Associate
OP
Yes I am totally appalled and shocked. They reopen these "markets" aka "animal torture centers" while the whole globe is fighting a war against a virus that began there...

It is painfully obvious that China does not care.

Associate
OP
**Contreversial opinion alert**
Unless your vegetarian/vegan then you have no place condemning China, this happens throughout the world.

I am not aware of any Western nation that comes anywhere even close to a wet-market. And in other parts of the world, they don't do it anywhere near the scale, diversity and magnitude that China does.

The Asian Flu in 1956 killed between one and four million people worldwide. SARS in 2002 infected 8,098 and killed 774 in seventeen counties. H7N9 emerged ten years later to strike at least 1,223 people and kill four out of every ten of them. Now the Coronavirus. All from China.

You telling me no attention should be payed to China on this topic because there are some other areas of the world that do it too on a much smaller scale?

Caporegime
Hehe, like going fishing this forum, take a look at the **** that goes on in our own slaughter houses, on 2nd thought don't as it's just as ugly as what's shown above

No, there's a difference. You get the odd nut-job over here who'll work in that field to act out their dark fantasies and a small number of slaughters that go wrong. For the most part, animals are not made to endure torturous deaths, they're stunned and killed almost instantly.

In China, many believe dogs and cats taste better if they endure a horrendous amount of stress in the killing process e.g. boiling or skinning them alive.

I am not aware of any Western nation that comes anywhere even close to a wet-market. And in other parts of the world, they don't do it anywhere near the scale, diversity and magnitude that China does.

The Asian Flu in 1956 killed between one and four million people worldwide. SARS in 2002 infected 8,098 and killed 774 in seventeen counties. H7N9 emerged ten years later to strike at least 1,223 people and kill four out of every ten of them. Now the Coronavirus. All from China.

You telling me no attention should be payed to China on this topic because there are some other areas of the world that do it too on a much smaller scale?

Mad cow disease, bird flu, swine flu

Caporegime
If we weren't so reliant on them for mask production (and indeed manufacturing in general) I'd expect some harsher criticism.measures... frankly we need to withdraw our reliance on these ****s and be prepared to criticise them more - if they don't clamp down on this then they should be treated like a rogue state.

Unless your vegetarian/vegan then you have no place condemning China, this happens throughout the world.

LOL jog on Mr vegan...

Plenty of criticism of treatment of animals is valid while still eating them.

No, there's a difference. You get the odd nut-job over here who'll work in that field to act out their dark fantasies and a small number of slaughters that go wrong. For the most part, animals are not made to endure torturous deaths, they're stunned and killed almost instantly.

In China, many believe dogs and cats taste better if they endure a horrendous amount of stress in the killing process e.g. boiling or skinning them alive.

I see your point mate, but if you think that all/most our slaughtered animals live a nice fluffy life prior to being bolted through the head without them realising it then you need to do a bit more research, or not.

If we weren't so reliant on them for mask production (and indeed manufacturing in general) I'd expect some harsher criticism.measures... frankly we need to withdraw our reliance on these ****s and be prepared to criticise them more - if they don't clamp down on this then they should be treated like a rogue state.

LOL jog on Mr vegan...

Plenty of criticism of treatment of animals is valid while still eating them.

Just been out for a jog but cheers, just about to fire my BBQ up ;)

Soldato
China does not give one single **** about what the world thinks of them and their outdated barbaric practices.

They know full well that the west loves their cheap electronic goods so will carry on doing this until the world tells them to **** off with their cheap electronic goods.

Will that happen anytime soon?? Nope.

Also forget their abuses towards animals, look at how they “abuse” their own people ie Chinese Muslims amongst other oppressed people.

Does that mean we should sit idly by and let them continue?? No but until our respective govts start boycotting China, ain’t a single damned thing going to happen other than the usual tsk tsk naughty naughty China.

Someone from Hong Kong once told me "the Chinese aren't real people".

One thing Trump is getting right is trying to bring manufacturing back home again.

Associate

My controversial reply to this would be that I strongly disagree regarding veggie/vegan's only allowed an opinion, however it does strike me that the West are extremely passionate about dogs as food. I understand it, dogs are our mates, we love dogs and why the hell would anyone want to eat one? Well cows are holy in India, but we find them delicious? Some people love horses yet its a popular meat in many parts of the world. Hell, we give kids guinea pigs as pets, yet they're a delicacy in Peru! I personally like Ducks, but they go very well with hoisin sauce.

Who are we to judge that one animal should or should not be eaten in another country? Our western values don't see dogs as food, but they've been eaten in China for god knows how long, why should we stop them because we like having them as pets?

With that said, the way animals are treated, cooked, stored, these wet markets, sanitation and the countless other issues that China has in it's food chain is a far larger problem than the fact they eat what we call our pets. I wonder if it was a controlled and clean supply chain such as we have over here if people would still be ****** about eating dog meat?

(Posted dog lover who has visited China many many times and has seen the way they deal with meat first hand, it's not pleasant!)

Associate
OP
I see your point mate, but if you think that all/most our slaughtered animals live a nice fluffy life prior to being bolted through the head without them realising it then you need to do a bit more research, or not.

Obviously you are a bit daft if you think a quick death to a cow via a bolt to the head is comparable to tossing a puppy into hot oil alive or eating bats that were cooked alive.

Caporegime

I didn't say they live a nice fluffy life. I'm talking about how they're treated and how they're killed. We don't even cram chickens in cages as tight as the Chinese do with dogs ffs.

Soldato
Obviously you are a bit daft if you think a quick death to a cow via a bolt to the head is comparable to tossing a puppy into hot oil alive or eating bats that were cooked alive.

Or eating bats at all, which is risky on the same level as eating raw chicken (they probably do this too).

Soldato

That could be turned around and said unless you're a meat eater then you have no place talking about the subject.

The main issue is the lack of hygiene, that as released a deadly virus on the world. To re-open the wet markets while the virus is still active and still killing people is very insensitive.

Back
Top Bottom