C49RG94SSU anyone own or have experience with it?

Soldato
So I have decided to give VA a last try so have a CRG9 in the mail. Been very disappointed with VAs in the past where black smear was just to much. Not that much info on the web about this from users so was wondering if any had one or have some experience with the CRG9? If so are there any tips or tricks that makes the panel a better experience? I'm not expecting perfect dark response times but i'm hoping for transitions that are fine enough that dark smearing wont stand out like a sore thumb.

I've also read something about firmware updates being possible by the user. Have any of these had any positive or negative impact on pixel response?

Soldato
Love mine, it is very large but it works well in both OS X and windows. Watch films on it and play games and it works really well for productivity tools. Online training is good on it as you have so much width to play with.

Associate
Love mine, it is very large but it works well in both OS X and windows..

Can I ask if you found a driver for OSX?

I'm running a Macbook pro capable of 5120x2880. I have it on a DP cable capable of 8k.
It is driving me crazy, if I set the mac to 5120x1440, the monitor picks it up as 3840x1080 and the scaling is horrible.

I've read a few posts from mac users reporting the same issue as I am seeing, so I'm keen to know if you solved it?

Soldato
I run a 5700xt as an eGPU which supports 5120x1440. There is a driver problem in OSX for devices with inbuilt intel 630 cards where maxes out at 3840x1080. Frustratingly windows runs it fine at full res so it’s not a hardware problem. Only other option is a mac with inbuilt dedicated gpu

Soldato
OP
Did you get it @Phixsator ? Thoughts?
Nope haven't gotten it. Had gotten delayed several times so I got annoyed and cancelled the order to get it elsewhere. Family "stuff" then happened requiring a ton of finance elsewhere so the purchase has been delayed until around juli/august. I'm both sad and relived if that makes sense :S. Looking forward to it though, i'm getting real sick of 1080p and 16:9.

Caporegime
Nope haven't gotten it. Had gotten delayed several times so I got annoyed and cancelled the order to get it elsewhere. Family "stuff" then happened requiring a ton of finance elsewhere so the purchase has been delayed until around juli/august. I'm both sad and relived if that makes sense :S. Looking forward to it though, i'm getting real sick of 1080p and 16:9.

Bit of luck the new G9 should be out by then so will be another option for you.

Soldato
OP
Bit of luck the new G9 should be out by then so will be another option for you.
That is exactly what i thought. 240hz 5120x1440 sounds amazing and even if (and im pretty sure its the case) that the panel isn't fast enough for proper 240hz it should still be improved enough to perhaps offer (near)perfect 120/144hz pixel response with a bit of luck. It all depends though on the monitor not costing 2 grand or something silly like that though cause then i'd be happy with the CRG9 instead.

Caporegime
240hz 5120x1440 sounds amazing

I'm guessing it'll be dual DP 1.4 cables that won't do Freesync OR DP 2.0 if lucky and a single cable.

They'll def ask a premium for it though at first, they'd have half an eye on the ultra high-end models and want a piece of that pie (like LG have done).

Soldato
OP
I'm guessing it'll be dual DP 1.4 cables that won't do Freesync OR DP 2.0 if lucky and a single cable.

They'll def ask a premium for it though at first, they'd have half an eye on the ultra high-end models and want a piece of that pie (like LG have done).

Dual DP 1.4 would be a bit glumsy if you ask me. I would expect that such a premium panel would be able to do full 10bit 240hz. Maybe that's possible with some sort of compression but i'd rather it would be without. Anyway the panel looks interesting and only time will tell how many kidneys i'd have to sell.

Associate
I had one for a short while and found it to be excellent for a VA panel (no updates for it though?), also @Azrael1 has a couple and can probably provide a more long-term impression.

Hey that chaps ! Sorry been working still and not have a chance to stop or play much. Games that fully support 49 inch 32 9 resolution look amazing.

The new Doom Eternal has to be seen to be believed.

Soldato
OP
Hey that chaps ! Sorry been working still and not have a chance to stop or play much. Games that fully support 49 inch 32 9 resolution look amazing.

The new Doom Eternal has to be seen to be believed.

How does the monitor handle darker pixel transitions, such as Path of exile or grim dawn looking games. I always test using Grim Dawn as it's brutal for testing the pixel response for darker shades.

Associate
I have to admit I’m not a really big path of exile player. It is a va panel though so you probably want an ips though.

I’m a casual player though and games look fine to me although I do notice it more after playing on the Alienware ips

Soldato
OP
I have to admit I’m not a really big path of exile player. It is a va panel though so you probably want an ips though.

I’m a casual player though and games look fine to me although I do notice it more after playing on the Alienware ips

The only IPS i want is sitting on @JediFragger 's table right now. It's way out of my price range atm :)

Associate
To be fair my next upgrade will be the oled cx48 when it’s on sale cheaply so around October time. That will also be my ps5 and Xbox new one main display along with pc

Back
Top Bottom