Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Never thought id say this but the free MP weekend made me realise that I actually dont really like Warzone at all.
I think I had far more mindless fun playing those two MP maps then I have in Warzone to date. Warzone solos is just dull, and I swear in random squads 99% of other players are absolute idiots.

That and with the increase in hackers, annoying crashing, lack of quality shop items (seriously how hard is it to push more operative skins to buy?)

I think I might just drop this game completely now.

Caporegime
Just shows how bad it is atm, getting worse than Battlefield

Activision Details Zero Tolerance Policy for Call of Duty: Warzone Cheaters
https://www.vgr.com/activision-zero-call-of-duty-warzone-cheaters/

Ninja lashes out at CoD hackers after winning Warzone Wednesday
https://www.dexerto.com/call-of-dut...ckers-after-winning-warzone-wednesday-1350370

Call of Duty Warzone Cheats Are Out of Hand, Players React on Stream
https://www.dualshockers.com/call-of-duty-warzone-cheats-reactions/

Call Of Duty Game: Players Permanently Banned For Cheating
https://technoinfoplus.com/call-of-duty-game-players-permanently-banned-for-cheating/

Soldato
I see its in the sale atm, but after reading the last few pages i dont think ill bother.

I'd hold off, it's a great game but it's in a real dark place right now with it just coming off of free to play and hackers are absolutely rife. Activision need to do something, and do it fast else a lot of people will jump off following the larger streamers who are tired of it and very vocal about it.

Soldato
The only way to properly beat hackers is to make anti-cheat clientside and quite intrusive. Back in the Q3 days I knew a guy who designed a system like that. But all the typical suspects came out in droves to condemn it as breaching their privacy and the law these days is very much on their side in that regard.

Ergo - you wont ever beat them. Back before online gaming became so popular, servers would have regular admin to help police hackers. But online gaming is too big now.

The only other way, I guess is to design a game where hacks are built in as part of the game, or design a game with physics and mechanics and map design that really reduce the effectiveness of hackers.

Or maybe develop some AI to be scanning all server data to weed out dodgy players but I reckon that would need some high power kit and ultimately would lag the server. It would also probably not stop packets being interfered with client side to 'fool' the server.

Also, whilst hack sites are a multi million dollar industry operating with impunity it wont get better. Perhaps if it gets so bad a major publisher takes legal action against hack sites we could see some changes but I dont think that's likely.

If you get tired of the hackers ruining it for everyone, do what I did - move to console.

Whilst you still get mousers here and there, in the main it's far more of a fair fight.

Shame it had to come to that but I cant say I regret it.

Caporegime
I see its in the sale atm, but after reading the last few pages i dont think ill bother.

the paid game isnt mainly like the free part. paid game is really good. generally wont run into any cheats. play all night every night since launch. probably seen one cheat in total.

Soldato
A new season normally adds a new map or two and a new patch with some reasonably big changes.

There is a battlepass with a small amount of garbage cosmetics for free players and a large amount of garbage cosmetics for those who drop a tenner for some fluffing reason. Unlocking the garbage cosmetics requires a lot of play time.

A new operator is added, it's the only operator you'll see for 2 months. Halfway through another operator is added for about twenty quid for people who are really fluffed in the head.

Rank gets reset to 55.

It's basically an amazing way of getting players to spend more money or time on the game.

Modern AAA gaming is awful.
Does our stats get wiped?
Nope

V F

V F

Soldato
The only way to properly beat hackers is to make anti-cheat clientside and quite intrusive. Back in the Q3 days I knew a guy who designed a system like that. But all the typical suspects came out in droves to condemn it as breaching their privacy and the law these days is very much on their side in that regard.

Ergo - you wont ever beat them. Back before online gaming became so popular, servers would have regular admin to help police hackers. But online gaming is too big now.

The only other way, I guess is to design a game where hacks are built in as part of the game, or design a game with physics and mechanics and map design that really reduce the effectiveness of hackers.

Or maybe develop some AI to be scanning all server data to weed out dodgy players but I reckon that would need some high power kit and ultimately would lag the server. It would also probably not stop packets being interfered with client side to 'fool' the server.

Also, whilst hack sites are a multi million dollar industry operating with impunity it wont get better. Perhaps if it gets so bad a major publisher takes legal action against hack sites we could see some changes but I dont think that's likely.

If you get tired of the hackers ruining it for everyone, do what I did - move to console.

Whilst you still get mousers here and there, in the main it's far more of a fair fight.

Shame it had to come to that but I cant say I regret it.

Punkbuster?

Back
Top Bottom