Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
I'd be interested to know how long it lasts when the car is driven :) I'm running out of the dirt cheap 5l gel tyre dressing I got from my local motor factors, which lasted me a week and a half between needed re-applications. Unfortunately all the new ones seem to be water based compared to whatever is in my current stuff, and don't last anywhere near as long!

I may also need to utilise your Viper4Android setup too whenever I manage to get back in the car. I've given up trying to set it up myself lol :p
I have been using Poorboys Natural Look Dressing on my tyres (the same stuff I use to keep my dash and interior trim looking nice and matte) for many years but thought I'd try this G3. Poorboys applies like a soft cream, it's easy to apply and buff on the tyre but this G3 is a lot thicker and requires more application to get into the tyre sidewall I have found.

I don't know how long it will last but for comparison Poorboys would easily keep my tyres looking nice for a few weeks which included some damp weather. I would assume the G3 to last longer given how much thicker it is and its specific properties made for just this one job but will have to wait and see.

Sure thing on the Viper, let me know and I'll do a video showing all my settings in it.

Soldato
Jite.jpg

My first fixed gear bike. Fancied something a bit different to my hybrid and it was a much cheaper option than getting a road bike which I'm sure I'll do in a year or so but should be a nice change. I was always against them but my friend who is a pretty cyclist ditched road bikes for a fixed gear a few years back and always waxed lyrical about them. I didn't see the appeal until he let me ride it to Bath and back one day (only ~25 miles) and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Also really liking the prospect of very little hardware to mess around with as much shouldn't go wrong and little maintenance. Keeping my front brake on it but will probably remove the rear brake. Pretty happy for £650

Soldato
Got an S10+, going from my S9.

Just copying stuff over and setting things up the way I like them.

The biggest difference so far is the power button on the right side of the phone is too high up, don't know why they didn't put it a bit lower down.

Also carried the bixby button forward, which is a bit useless. Probably the last phone that will have a physical 3.5mm jack though in reality, which is one reason I went for it over the S20 series (not to mention cost was lower).

lKDZjdah.jpg

Soldato
Heh, one is for filter coffee, one for espresso. Having two grinders is mainly to avoid grumbling from the other half when she just wants to make a batch of filter coffee and doesn't need to mess with the grind settings.
An excellent move.
I've been digging further into my grinder and dismantling it reveals just how much coffee is retained each grind. I like to change beans frequently, and have just ordered another grinder for espresso with very little retention, and leave the other for filter which I drink far less frequently and thus stick to the same beans for longer..

Soldato
First bits for the world of streaming :) - shockmount + pop filter. The rest is on order and pending delivery.

What mic are you going for? I love my Rode NT-USB although I've not bothered with the pop filter that came with the shock mount, instead opting to just use a foam cover and it seems to work well. I don't always have my mic in a position where the pop filter would work very well so the foam cover works well for me.

Caporegime
Nice. What are you planning to stream?

It's never really appealed to me, to want to stream. I don't really have anything to say :p I enjoy watching a couple of streamers though.

For me, its a creative outlet. I am normally quite creative and have made a few small videos for my own personal projects and shared with friends, which they enjoyed - and even mentioned a few times "you should vlog/youtube" etc - so I thought well sod it, lets give it a go. I am not particularly worried about getting a following/big audience. I just want to have fun :) - If people want to come have fun with me, then cool!

I've got a few ideas for streaming, some sets like going into certain popular games/series completely blind for the live reaction. Like, would you believe I have played less than 5 minutes of Resident Evil in my entire life? :p - Also at some point I want a Delgato to stream the Switch as I play that a lot. But one step at a time. Having just dropped nearly 400eur, I'll see if I like it before putting anything else into it :p

Personally I am not into games like Fortnite, Valorant, basically all these Battle Royale games which are taking the world by storm. I am more of games like Overwatch/CS or if its offline, SP FPS/RPG with a decent story. I really enjoy co-op team based stuff as well.

What mic are you going for? I love my Rode NT-USB although I've not bothered with the pop filter that came with the shock mount, instead opting to just use a foam cover and it seems to work well. I don't always have my mic in a position where the pop filter would work very well so the foam cover works well for me.

I've gone for the following setup:

- Logitech Streamcam
- Audio Technica AT2020
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC22
- Rode PSA-1
- Moukey MMs-9 popfilter + shockmount kit

BTW - Followed you on Twitch/Twitter etc. :)

Man of Honour
Nice setup @Phate. One thing I will say is get yourself a Streamdeck or similar. I've got the Streamdeck mini, only has six programmable buttons but it's brilliant for my scene transitions and changing mic settings at the touch of a button. Can make game specific configs too so you don't have to change button layouts depending on the game you're playing/stream set up you're after

Soldato
I've gone for the following setup:

- Logitech Streamcam
- Audio Technica AT2020
- Behringer U-Phoria UMC22
- Rode PSA-1
- Moukey MMs-9 popfilter + shockmount kit

BTW - Followed you on Twitch/Twitter etc. :)

Looks like a solid set up tbh. I love my PSA-1, can throw the mic around and it just happily sits wherever I need it. I've not bothered with a cam, mostly 'cause I haven't got the best environment for one but at some stage I might get one. I stream anything I can be bothered to stream basically though, more for sharing what I'm doing so others can watch if they want, not trying to take it up as a day job.

As @Steedie says, get a streamdeck, they are super useful. I have the 15 button one and find it invaluable for streaming now, even if I do only have 8 of the buttons programmed right now.

Caporegime
Nice setup @Phate. One thing I will say is get yourself a Streamdeck or similar. I've got the Streamdeck mini, only has six programmable buttons but it's brilliant for my scene transitions and changing mic settings at the touch of a button. Can make game specific configs too so you don't have to change button layouts depending on the game you're playing/stream set up you're after
Interesting, I have not looked into streamdecks at all - if you fancy a conversation about it - add me on Discord? :)

Phate#7261 - Cheers - Rob, add me up as well? We need a catch up :D

Back
Top Bottom