Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

V F

V F

Soldato
Jite.jpg

My first fixed gear bike. Fancied something a bit different to my hybrid and it was a much cheaper option than getting a road bike which I'm sure I'll do in a year or so but should be a nice change. I was always against them but my friend who is a pretty cyclist ditched road bikes for a fixed gear a few years back and always waxed lyrical about them. I didn't see the appeal until he let me ride it to Bath and back one day (only ~25 miles) and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Also really liking the prospect of very little hardware to mess around with as much shouldn't go wrong and little maintenance. Keeping my front brake on it but will probably remove the rear brake. Pretty happy for £650

Love the cabin.

Got sick of my Corsair wireless headphones and the battery life so finally did my ears a favour

Mmnk8X8.jpg

You chose wisely.

Man of Honour
Got an S10+, going from my S9.

Just copying stuff over and setting things up the way I like them.

The biggest difference so far is the power button on the right side of the phone is too high up, don't know why they didn't put it a bit lower down.

Also carried the bixby button forward, which is a bit useless. Probably the last phone that will have a physical 3.5mm jack though in reality, which is one reason I went for it over the S20 series (not to mention cost was lower).

You can remap the bixby button in bixby settings to load another app etc. I have it set to open Google Keep as I use Keep to save and action notes, saved items etc throughout the day :cool:

Soldato
T6kOyI5h.jpg

Got some wood delivered today to pass the lockdown boredom, just need to get a decent size router bit so I can level the surfaces up and get crafting.

No idea if I have been scammed on price or not but I feel like I got a lot for what I spent. any fellow woodworkers how much would expect to spend on a length of rough sawn walnut 51x130x2400?

Caporegime
Nice.

Nice. What will you be streaming?

For me, its a creative outlet. I am normally quite creative and have made a few small videos for my own personal projects and shared with friends, which they enjoyed - and even mentioned a few times "you should vlog/youtube" etc - so I thought well sod it, lets give it a go. I am not particularly worried about getting a following/big audience. I just want to have fun :) - If people want to come have fun with me, then cool!

I've got a few ideas for streaming, some sets like going into certain popular games/series completely blind for the live reaction. Like, would you believe I have played less than 5 minutes of Resident Evil in my entire life? :p - Also at some point I want a Delgato to stream the Switch as I play that a lot. But one step at a time. Having just dropped nearly 400eur, I'll see if I like it before putting anything else into it :p

Personally I am not into games like Fortnite, Valorant, basically all these Battle Royale games which are taking the world by storm. I am more of games like Overwatch/CS or if its offline, SP FPS/RPG with a decent story. I really enjoy co-op team based stuff as well.

:)

Associate
Heh, one is for filter coffee, one for espresso. Having two grinders is mainly to avoid grumbling from the other half when she just wants to make a batch of filter coffee and doesn't need to mess with the grind settings.

Have you ever thought of installing a second toilet?

Soldato
Heh, one is for filter coffee, one for espresso. Having two grinders is mainly to avoid grumbling from the other half when she just wants to make a batch of filter coffee and doesn't need to mess with the grind settings.

Is there a coffee thread somewhere? I wanted to ask about how to get started, but know we shouldn't take this thread off topic :)

Caporegime
I bought the guitar stuff years ago! Yup! Just life and other hobbies got in the way. For the past few years since I bought most of the guitar gear I been more interested in travelling, (and always photography).

You would think money wasted on the guitars....yes and no. Yes it has been spent, but no as in that because of the pound tanking in the past couple of years, due to the nature of guitar stuff (most made in the US, at least the brands people know), some of it hold their value really well...I can sell it for as much if not more than what I paid for it.

PRS Custom 24 10-top - paid £1299 in a sale, new today....£3799.

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/prs/custom-24/

jr5GXCX.jpg
You know, I was thinking about this tonight, when I realised, the most iconic guitar man in history, Leo Fender, couldn’t play a note on the guitar! His passion was electronics.

Caporegime
You know, I was thinking about this tonight, when I realised, the most iconic guitar man in history, Leo Fender, couldn’t play a note on the guitar! His passion was electronics.

You can call it buying pieces of Art, that you can make music on. You can get a painting for £1000 that just hang on the wall or you can get a Guitar for £1000, hang on the same wall but can play it now and again.

p.s. at least finally I am trying :p

Caporegime
You can call it buying pieces of Art, that you can make music on. You can get a painting for £1000 that just hang on the wall or you can get a Guitar for £1000, hang on the same wall but can play it now and again.

p.s. at least finally I am trying :p
I’m with you mate, I can barely play after my stroke, but if I was rich, I’d have no qualms whatsoever buying expensive guitars as art pieces. To me, they are works of art. The strat design is up there with the most classic of cars. They are unique as well. They all have different characteristics that make them special.

Back
Top Bottom