Spec me: Rolling baccy

Permabanned
Anything but Old Holborn. The devils pube shavings.

I remember mistakenly buying that garbage once, thought I'd been given shag by accident.

If you have a local tobacconist, try them. My local had some really great flavoured baccy and it seemed much easier to roll than the usual suspects.

Soldato
Depends what sort of flavour you prefer. It's very subjective...

Amber Leaf is quite mild and fairly smooth. Comes with free packs of papers, so quite popular.
Golden Leaf is very similar, perhaps even slightly nicer.
Old Holborn and Cutters Choice are similar to pipe tobaccos, and heavy... kinda like dark rum or dark chocolate.
Drum is pretty dank and has a sort of Dutch flavour going on. Cheaper version of OH, really.
Golden Virginia is dirty-cheap cack and pretty rank to match. It actually feels like you're smoking a copy of The Sun!

There are others, but it's been a while...

Soldato
Depends what sort of flavour you prefer. It's very subjective...

Amber Leaf is quite mild and fairly smooth. Comes with free packs of papers, so quite popular.
Golden Leaf is very similar, perhaps even slightly nicer.
Old Holborn and Cutters Choice are similar to pipe tobaccos, and heavy... kinda like dark rum or dark chocolate.
Drum is pretty dank and has a sort of Dutch flavour going on. Cheaper version of OH, really.
Golden Virginia is dirty-cheap cack and pretty rank to match. It actually feels like you're smoking a copy of The Sun!

There are others, but it's been a while...

Silk Cut Silver is where it's at on a night out social smoking :p

Soldato
Honestly, quit and move to vaping. Doesn't have to be a cloud machine or anything, but I couldn't be happier since moving.

That being said, when I used to roll, Golden Virginia was my choice.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Looks like the consensus is Golden Virginia, will give it a try once I finish this cutters choice.

Can't stop smoking. Quit a few times, first was years ago when vape pens first started, and another big one was when my first was born... but I like smoking too much. Gonna take something big to make me stop in think.

Thanks all.

Soldato
Looks like the consensus is Golden Virginia, will give it a try once I finish this cutters choice.

Can't stop smoking. Quit a few times, first was years ago when vape pens first started, and another big one was when my first was born... but I like smoking too much. Gonna take something big to make me stop in think.

Thanks all.

You don't like smoking, you like the nicotine because it makes the cravings stop. ;)

Soldato

Thanks all.

What helped me a lot was when I sprained my ankle.

Went to A&E, told it needed plastering but it would have to be done the next day so they kept me in overnight.

Only bed they had free was in a cancer ward. :(

I noticed a lot of the patients were on oxygen.

Asked the nurse what the craic was and she told me most of them were lung cancer patients, and mostly from smoking.

Chap next bed to me woke me up during the night with his coughing, nurses and doctors came running, next thing is I saw some of his lungs (didn't grok it at the time, one of the nurses told me later) being coughed out of his system, just before the screens went up.

Needless to say, he died shortly after.

Not a pretty sight, and one I can still recall.

I gave up New Years Eve that year.

Back
Top Bottom