Spec me: Rolling baccy

Permabanned
Apparently the Coronavirus doesn't like smokers

Nicotine related apparently. The research is still ongoing.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Yeah I was a bit confused by that one. I guess the nicotine *may* help, but the general damage done to the lungs of us smokers doesn't fill me with confidence...

Until anything is proven I'll stick to injecting bleach like Donald told us to.

Man of Honour
Christ, the prices are good on that site.

When I fell off the wagon a little while ago and bought some tobacco to go with it, I paid ~£16 for 30g of Cutters Choice. :eek:

The prices in Belgium have gone up around 50% since we voted to leave the EU,
it was around £6 - £6.50 for a 50g pouch 3-4 years ago,
that's from a combination of the exchange rate falling and Belgium increasing Tax on it,
i couldnt pay the prices charged over here for it hence the reason i plan to give up once i run out...
that won't be for over a year yet though ;)

Soldato
Give up tobacco. I changed to vaping in 2013 and haven't smoked since. But Cutters Choice was my baccy. Not too strong and not mild either. I still have a 7 year old packet in the drawer as I like smelling it now and again. Even 7 year old baccy still has a nice aroma.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
So after I finished my first pack of cutters choice extra fine I bought some golden Virginia yellow which was absolutely terrible. Nasty taste, dried out much faster too. Picked up a cutters choice original last time and it is definitely nicer than GV but i think their extra fine was smoother unless I'm remembering through tinted spectacles.

Thanks again guys, for the recommendations.

Caporegime
The prices in Belgium have gone up around 50% since we voted to leave the EU,
it was around £6 - £6.50 for a 50g pouch 3-4 years ago,
that's from a combination of the exchange rate falling and Belgium increasing Tax on it,
i couldnt pay the prices charged over here for it hence the reason i plan to give up once i run out...
that won't be for over a year yet though ;)
yea its super cheap at duty free in switzerland as well.

200ciggarettes around 70chf.
I think 250amber lead was like 50chf.

over here its like 50 grams of amber leaf £20-24

regular prices in petrol stations werent much more expensive, a pack of chesterfield original was 7.40chf or so, but often they had promotions on It was either 3 for the price of 2 packs, or 4 for the price of 3. (always had to ask if they had offers on so maybe they can't advertise it, but it was a standard thing at all kiosks and migro petrol stations)
I can't recall but it was an offer on almost every month.

UK prices are insane even in UK duty free

switzerland often had some kind or promotion running on chesterfield original, if it wasnt a n extra pack for free, it would be a metal packet instead of cardboard with some special art on them or they would come with a free lighter, often pretty nice lighters too with a metal shell

Even older folk on here will remember the days of being able to buy 1 fag
there's a house not far from where I live that has the remnants of some ancient cigarette vending machine still attached to the wall.

Maybe some of the older folk will recognise it

found it on google maps
B4RkuFE.jpg

you can just about make out some of the letters saying cigarettes.
with the size of it im assuming it wasnt an ash tray

the rows of houses its attached to were houses for the local barracks I think, or workhouses, theres a sign near by saying which, I'm pretty sure it was barracks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom