Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Associate
Is anyone else having issues on the server?

I can join ok, but the time on the top says 'overtime'. All my controls work except my shifters so i'm stuck revving away in the pit lane! :D

Playing in single player everything works as normal.

Soldato
Just scrapped in front of Sparc in the 911 but damn it took a lot of laps. I don't think there's much more in it from me - a couple tiny mistakes but that wouldn't be much time I don't think. I have to say though I am struggling with the 911, it's so tail happy on the brakes.

Edit: Hmmmm my theoretical best is 9 tenths faster than my lap so maybe there is more time to find than I thought.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Got my Playseat Challenge & G27 set up with FOV adjusted etc. Got the 911 into the 1:49s feeling good about myself and then checked the leaderboard. Wow.

Apologies to the person a impeded a little, the proximity indicators are useless and the virtual mirror was turned off. All sorted now so I stand a better chance of getting out the way!

Definitely need my Nixim mod to turn up, I had it with my last G27 and could brake much more consistently back then even without proper mounting.

Associate
I just can't get to grips with the 962 C Short Tail, I know I can get a low 1:40 maybe even a high 1:39 but it's such a difficult car to drive on the limit consistently, a lot different to how I found the other 2 cars.

Anyone got any setup tips or just general tips for it..?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
I just can't get to grips with the 962 C Short Tail, I know I can get a low 1:40 maybe even a high 1:39 but it's such a difficult car to drive on the limit consistently, a lot different to how I found the other 2 cars.

Anyone got any setup tips or just general tips for it..?

I put my wing to 0 and brake bias to 55 and went for it :) i've got a 1:39 in there somewhere if I do more laps.

Associate
The Jordan and 962c have destroyed my back! Made me realise I needed to adjust my rig, brought the pedals and wheel nearer, making heel & toe more comfortable, but still way out of practice.

Managed to shave off 2 secs off my original posted time with the 911. Did some tweeks and I reckon a bit more praccy I could get in the 1.45s. Seriously quick times being posted tho!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Those times... Be great if you could automatically download replays of people's laps (I think iRacing does this). I guess it's not in the spirit of it.

I can see some time in the 911, not leaning on it enough, especially now I've set the G27 up with a decent LUT, just need my Nixim mod to arrive.

Soldato
OP
I'd like to think the spirit of this is about helping others improve as well as showing off your speed. So yeah, I think it'd be great if people could download replays to see how the quick guys get around.

It's kind of why I post lap videos here and there with onscreen pedal input info. I don't just do it to show off :D

Obviously, watching and replicating are two different things, but it can help a lot to see that it's possible to push way harder in certain sections than you might have thought.

Associate
Those times... Be great if you could automatically download replays of people's laps (I think iRacing does this). I guess it's not in the spirit of it.

I can see some time in the 911, not leaning on it enough, especially now I've set the G27 up with a decent LUT, just need my Nixim mod to arrive.

+1 to this. I'm always a good 2 seconds off the pace, all down to my lack of pedal skills I think. Would love to be able to have a proper look at where these times come from. Obviously if those posting these times would be gracious enough to share, where they have time to do so. Would be an invaluable learning tool!

Associate
I've posted a couple of fast time's on this week's configuration (my name's Stuart on the timing boards) but I've no idea how to share anything to be honest, which I'd be more than willing to do, and just to cover off one thing it's definitely not down to my wheel and pedal's as I'm still using a completely standard G25 which I've had since launch :D

Soldato
My wheel and pedal setup definitely isn't ideal, wheel and shifter clamped onto the desk, pedals on the floor with a set of coasters behind to stop them sliding back! Would love a proper seat setup but don't really have the space.

Back
Top Bottom