DELL S2719DGF Owners Thread

Associate
Sounds like it has the same banding issues in dark scenes as the S21716DG. I have that monitor and it is really noticeable at the end of a POTG highlight in Overwatch when the Overwatch logo on a black background fades in.

Associate
How is your black levels and banding in say Hunter call of the wild?
Mine seems to suffer badly in that department, now in Apex legends it performed well but i couldn't keep it with all the banding going on in different game titles.

Don't play that title i'm afraid, and not sure what you mean by black levels & banding? :)

Associate
was curious about banding after reading the last page, mine seems to have minimal banding. I have it on stock settings just the gamma tweaked with windows color calibration as default gamma was rubbish

Associate
This monitor is available for £368. Do you think its worth it still at that price or are there better options? Would probabaly prefer a fast response IPS but the Dell seems to be the only thing in stock anywhere at the moment.

Associate
I have problem with this monitor, sometimes it's dropping to 60hz after reboot without other option. And also sometimes it showing "this mode is not available, use 2560x1440 60hz", something like that. Anybody have same problems? Or it's freesync/g-sync issue?

Associate
I have problem with this monitor, sometimes it's dropping to 60hz after reboot without other option. And also sometimes it showing "this mode is not available, use 2560x1440 60hz", something like that. Anybody have same problems? Or it's freesync/g-sync issue?
I also have this issue. For me it stops if I turn the 155hz option off. Strangely enough I have been in contact with Dell about this issue this past fortnight but their support has been useless. There is also a Reddit thread discussing it. Happens to both AMD and Nvidia. When it happens on mine I just tap the input select button twice and it resolves the issue. Not ideal but it works. If I can get any kind of sense from Dell I’ll update you but for now they are saying it’s everything but the monitor. Just to give you and example of what I’m battling against, the one private message I had said my 5700XT was to blame as it couldn't handle 155hz. How do you reply to that??

Associate
I have 1080ti btw, so i was thinking that is because of freesync and g-sync enabled. But if you have it with radeon, then it's not because of that. Will be interested in updates from dell's support, thanks.

Associate
How is the monitor in 2020? Is it worth the money for the TN panel? I'm looking at buying one for my gaming pc (COD MW, F1 2019/20 when out, Assasins Creed and similar type games).

Associate
How is the monitor in 2020? Is it worth the money for the TN panel? I'm looking at buying one for my gaming pc (COD MW, F1 2019/20 when out, Assasins Creed and similar type games).

I'm still happy with mine. It hasn't been without it's issues though and I have had a lot of backwards and forwards with Dell regarding picture loss when using the Overclock (155HZ) option. There is a thread on Reddit regadring the issue and seems to effect AMD and Nvidia. The monitor loses signal sometimes when starting a game or waking up from sleep and the message displayed says you need to select a compatible refresh rate. All you have to do is turn the panel off and on and your back in. This is also unavoidable by not using the overclock option OR (according to Dell technichal) have overclock on and Freesync off (which only works up to 144hz anyway if I remember correctly. Still, I have been using it at 144HZ for a while now and its perfect. I will say, it is by far, imo, the best TN panel I have seen to date. I was using it on a 5700XT and now a 2070 Super and it's superb. I also like the design choice, the deep blue is a nice change from traditional black!!!

Associate
I love my Dell but if I were buying now I would consider an IPS monitor as they are now more options at suitable prices. Look out for these.

Acer Nitro VG271U, Acer Nitro VG270UP, Pixio PX7 Prime. Or you can spend a little more for the Asus TUF VG27AQ or LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B.

Associate
Glad this thread has popped up again I keep meaning to ask, do these have built on speakers?

It shows as a sound device and I'm sure I've seen something related in the OSD
No as far as I can tell. I think the audio out is for external speakers like the older model was.

I could be wrong.

Associate
I'm still happy with mine. It hasn't been without it's issues though and I have had a lot of backwards and forwards with Dell regarding picture loss when using the Overclock (155HZ) option. There is a thread on Reddit regadring the issue and seems to effect AMD and Nvidia. The monitor loses signal sometimes when starting a game or waking up from sleep and the message displayed says you need to select a compatible refresh rate. All you have to do is turn the panel off and on and your back in. This is also unavoidable by not using the overclock option OR (according to Dell technichal) have overclock on and Freesync off (which only works up to 144hz anyway if I remember correctly. Still, I have been using it at 144HZ for a while now and its perfect. I will say, it is by far, imo, the best TN panel I have seen to date. I was using it on a 5700XT and now a 2070 Super and it's superb. I also like the design choice, the deep blue is a nice change from traditional black!!!
I love my Dell but if I were buying now I would consider an IPS monitor as they are now more options at suitable prices. Look out for these.

Acer Nitro VG271U, Acer Nitro VG270UP, Pixio PX7 Prime. Or you can spend a little more for the Asus TUF VG27AQ or LG Ultragear 27GL83A-B.

Thanks both for the input. I'll take a look at these options.

Soldato

I have this and like you say, turning it off and on sorts the issue out. Is there any likelyhood of this being fixed in a firmware update?

Associate
Hey everyone,
Hope everyone is keeping safe. I just purchased this monitor it's fantastic! I just have an minor issue ☹️ it's not really that bad, I normally play destiny 2 on PC and while in the tower if I open the character menu I get some light flickers on the left top of the screen its like very quick as if the light is flickering. I have it connected to a 2070super is anyone else using this same config? and can you tell me if this is the game or the monitor?

Back
Top Bottom