• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Permabanned
Depends on the setup. A decent OLED is still going to cost you £11-1200+ and a ps5/XSX is going to cost you £5-600 possibly more.

At the time of release you could probably match both with a £1000ish system depending if pricing becomes more reasonable. RTX 3060 etc. Which isn’t a huge amount to have the extra benefits of pc, especially considering the cost of memberships and games etc.

Console for the most part has always been quite a bit cheaper.
But to be honest a console will age better as the developers traditionally refine their ability to extract more performance as the consoles move on in its lifespan.
You could also game very comfortably on a cheaper tv I was just using an Oled as an example of a more premium setup still being cheaper.

Don’t get me wrong I still prefer my pc over my girlfriends PS4, which I think I might of played 2 or 3 times even though she brought it with Rdr2 ,which I found a bit boring. But ever increasing prices are testing my resolve. Luckily my pc is pretty decent and only really requires a new graphics card. But not a chance am I spending more than £500 on a replacement and preferably no more than £350 which is what I paid for my 980ti, although it’s done well it’s starting to show it’s age now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
:thumbsup: :D

5-8% IPC improvement is mooted along with a clockspeed increase + core count increase due to the density improvement :) Technology != Magic

edit - And I only point it out because there's a fair few idiots on here that would take that kind of info as gospel and quote it verbatim as though it were fact ;)
In fairness, so would 90% of the tech "news" sites :p

Wccf will be publishing an article quoting OcUK forums a "reliable insider source" in 3..2..1..

Associate
Lol :D

I will offer you £400 right now. That is my current perceived value of that card (second hand). People think the 1080Ti is worth that currently though, mind boggling to me personally :p
£350 more like! Don't be a mug he needs to sell it;)!

Last edited:
Soldato
Your carriage awaits Sir!

image.png

:D

yeah absolutely, I know but I bought my 980ti on release for £500, £500 more would have got you a great cpu, mono and ram as well. And I’m assuming you have the rest of the guts from previous builds.

but I stand by even a £500 gpu these days being high end. A 5700xt is only £300 (edit - was) and probably not even 10% of gamers have better than that, probably not 5%.

£1000 for a gpu is mental money, and if you can afford it good on yer but that is more than high end. That’s the highest. The zenith. The 1%. And you don’t need to be in 1% to have a high end build.

Last edited:
Associate
You watch, you will have people in August and even early September buying/being recommended to buy a 2080Ti. Then a few weeks after they will make a thread saying they have buyers remorse. Seen this a few times now :p

OTOH the message "Don't buy Turing now, Ampere is just around the corner!" has been repeated here for well over a year now.

I probably wouldn't advise anyone to buy a 2080Ti right now either, to be fair, but for all we know consumer Ampere cards won't appear until next year.

It's not like AMD are about to steal the market.

Soldato
Just watch. Not gonna be a penny under £1500 :D

I bet Jensen's is going to go hard on the comparison to consoles. "puny consoles can't even hold 1440p 30, meanwhile we get 4k 60 rtx"

Associate
Joke of it is DLSS is arguably a better platform choice for consoles

I don’t think a 3080Ti will be £1.5k that would be double the cost of a 3080, you’re in Titan territory there i.e. they have a product to cater for that special segment

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Joke of it is DLSS is arguably a better platform choice for consoles

I don’t think a 3080Ti will be £1.5k that would be double the cost of a 3080, you’re in Titan territory there i.e. they have a product to cater for that special segment
Yea. I don’t get why people think it will be £1500. The base model will be under a grand, mark my words.

Associate
Yea. I don’t get why people think it will be £1500. The base model will be under a grand, mark my words.

Just think the jump in price, relatively, from the 1000 to 2000 series is worrying people that without competition Nvidia will continue the trend. Hope you're right though!

Back
Top Bottom