Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Caporegime
Never tried it, still got a few KG of briquettes if its crap. Looks like charcoal will be good for burgers/sausages etc but maybe briquettes for longer cooks. :)

In fairness, I'm South African, where BBQing entails lighting the fire, drinking beer and talking crap for at least two hours, and THEN cooking, so take my opinion with a large dose of salt. I'm sure if you cook like a sober, self sufficient adult it'll be fine but it's in my blood to talk "kak" with my "brus" before doing anything productive.

Permabanned
Having a drink isn't bad for health in moderation. People are free to eat whatever they want including fast food and kebabs.

However that is a lot of red meat there specifically. Why no chicken, etc?

Most of the chicken was out of stock. :(

Sausages, bacon and mince freezes fine, beef joint should be ok. Have not frozen ribs or steak before so will see.

Soldato
Family of 4, its all in the freezer now. Couple of packs of ribs, sausages and some mince(for burgers) will be out tonight for slow cooked ribs/bbq tomorrow. :)

Sausage casseroles, chilli beef, tacos, looks like a load but its not actually that much for a family to be honest.

Don't know if you have a pressure cooker but I find ribs in my pressure king for about 45 minutes followed by a bit under the grill (BBQ would be even better I expect but haven't tried) makes them amazing. Literally fall of the bone soft. Whilst they're under the grill for a bit I thicken the left over stuff in the pressure cooker and use it as a sauce. Lovely :)

Caporegime
Most of the chicken was out of stock. :(

Sausages, bacon and mince freezes fine, beef joint should be ok. Have not frozen ribs or steak before so will see.

Nice one, Yeah I'm looking through their site just now. I've not had hot dogs in like forever. Theirs look mighty tempting and it's only a 4 pack so could do me 2 meals. It's what i hate about Costco. Want a pack of sausages? here's 36 however great for a BBQ outwith covid 19 when you can invite 10 other meat eaters around.

I wonder how the BBQ season is going to go this year with people only allowed 1 other person outwith their household in the open. I know plenty have flaunted the rules including 2 of my neighbours on several occasions.

Don't know if you have a pressure cooker but I find ribs in my pressure king for about 45 minutes followed by a bit under the grill (BBQ would be even better I expect but haven't tried) makes them amazing. Literally fall of the bone soft. Whilst they're under the grill for a bit I thicken the left over stuff in the pressure cooker and use it as a sauce. Lovely :)

Interesting I have the ninja foodi maxi. Do you use high or low pressure? And I take it you must add a cup or two of water into the pot?

Soldato
Interesting I have the ninja foodi maxi. Do you use high or low pressure? And I take it you must add a cup or two of water into the pot?

I currently have a pressure king pro and haven't used the Food Maxi so not 100% sure how similar it is. Our Pressure Cooker is on it's last legs now but we pretty much use it for most things we cook so will be in the market for a new one. Was tempted by the Sage one for a bit of a change but will checkout the Ninja one.

What I do is after seasoning my ribs I quickly brown them either using a function on the pressure cooker or a frying pan. My pressure cooker doesn't have an option of either high/low pressure but once they've been sealed I stand them up with the meat facing inside and the bones on the edge of the pot. Pour in whatever sauce/marinade you prefer over all of the ribs and some peppers (not sure if they even make a difference tbh!!) and I just cook it on the meat function for 45 minutes. I don't add any water at all as there is enough in the meat and marinade otherwise it's too watery. Then once the 45 minutes are up I put them under the grill to crisp them up a little bit but I may have to try it with a BBQ now the weather is nice as I bet it would be perfect.

I just use whatever is left in the pressure cooker to thicken it up whilst the meat is under the grill and then pour it over once nice and thick

Man of Honour
I wonder how the BBQ season is going to go this year with people only allowed 1 other person outwith their household in the open. I know plenty have flaunted the rules including 2 of my neighbours on several occasions.
I've had more BBQs this year already than in the last couple of years all together I think.

Caporegime
I currently have a pressure king pro and haven't used the Food Maxi so not 100% sure how similar it is. Our Pressure Cooker is on it's last legs now but we pretty much use it for most things we cook so will be in the market for a new one. Was tempted by the Sage one for a bit of a change but will checkout the Ninja one.

What I do is after seasoning my ribs I quickly brown them either using a function on the pressure cooker or a frying pan. My pressure cooker doesn't have an option of either high/low pressure but once they've been sealed I stand them up with the meat facing inside and the bones on the edge of the pot. Pour in whatever sauce/marinade you prefer over all of the ribs and some peppers (not sure if they even make a difference tbh!!) and I just cook it on the meat function for 45 minutes. I don't add any water at all as there is enough in the meat and marinade otherwise it's too watery. Then once the 45 minutes are up I put them under the grill to crisp them up a little bit but I may have to try it with a BBQ now the weather is nice as I bet it would be perfect.

I just use whatever is left in the pressure cooker to thicken it up whilst the meat is under the grill and then pour it over once nice and thick

The ninja one is very expensive however everyone that has seen it has been wow'd by it's build quality and it's functions. it's also an air fryer, can dehydrate meat for jerky, etc. make yogurt.

Basically with the air fryer function it can crisp things itself so after the ribs are done there would be no need to transfer to a grill or oven or BBQ you can do it all inside the ninja foodi.

thanks for the tips I'll give it a shot. just placed an order with Farmison & Co

Caporegime
I've had more BBQs this year already than in the last couple of years all together I think.

yeah it's okay if you have been furloughed with plenty of time on your hands. I'd love to have 6 months off work during summer still getting paid. No doubt I'd be doing all sorts in the garden, etc. People are doing a lot more in their gardens for sure. In Scotland we only get the sun for 2 weeks of the year so we normally try and make a party out of it when it does come out. Won't be the same this year.

My neighbours are out everyday. I got my pizza oven out the day before yesterday but it's torrential rain and sounds like a hurricane with the wind today so nothing happening here today.

I have some leftover dough so might try making it in the normal conventional oven today instead.

Soldato
The ninja one is very expensive however everyone that has seen it has been wow'd by it's build quality and it's functions. it's also an air fryer, can dehydrate meat for jerky, etc. make yogurt.

Basically with the air fryer function it can crisp things itself so after the ribs are done there would be no need to transfer to a grill or oven or BBQ you can do it all inside the ninja foodi.

thanks for the tips I'll give it a shot. just placed an order with Farmison & Co

Oh wow I may well look into that. we've thought about getting an air fryer before but didn't want to have loads of kitchen toys but it could well be worth the extra if it has a air fryer also built into it, definitely going to look into that now!

The amount we use it, it would be beneficial to get something decent and with a added air fryer, it's very tempting. I'd say we cook 75% of our meals in a Pressure Cooker. Was tempted by the Sage one as it includes a slow cooker but realistically we rarely use a slow cooker due to the pressure cooker being more convenient.

something to look into!

Associate
Oh wow I may well look into that. we've thought about getting an air fryer before but didn't want to have loads of kitchen toys but it could well be worth the extra if it has a air fryer also built into it, definitely going to look into that now!

The amount we use it, it would be beneficial to get something decent and with a added air fryer, it's very tempting. I'd say we cook 75% of our meals in a Pressure Cooker. Was tempted by the Sage one as it includes a slow cooker but realistically we rarely use a slow cooker due to the pressure cooker being more convenient.

something to look into!

Thought I'd jump in to backup the ninja foodi claims!

We bought one last week, done a few bits in there and been very impressed. Frozen salmon pieces to cooked in 10 mins, frozen chicken wings didn't take long either and left them nice and crispy, tried DIY KFC and that came out great too.

My mates just started a youtube channel doing a few bits on the foodi/komado bbq/pizza oven as he teaches food tech in a college and is obv not working atm. He's done a few interesting bits in the foodi like mozzarella and pulled pork.

Man of Honour
yeah it's okay if you have been furloughed with plenty of time on your hands. I'd love to have 6 months off work during summer still getting paid. No doubt I'd be doing all sorts in the garden, etc. People are doing a lot more in their gardens for sure. In Scotland we only get the sun for 2 weeks of the year so we normally try and make a party out of it when it does come out. Won't be the same this year.

My neighbours are out everyday. I got my pizza oven out the day before yesterday but it's torrential rain and sounds like a hurricane with the wind today so nothing happening here today.

I have some leftover dough so might try making it in the normal conventional oven today instead.
Cool assumption I've been working my normal 40+ hour weeks.

Soldato
Have not frozen ribs or steak before so will see.

Steak freezes fine I find. I vacpack it then it'll sit happily in the freezer until we want to use it.

When I can get a good price I'll buy a whoel beef fillet, dry age it at home (using one of these), cut into steaks and freeze. End results are really good. Last night we had beef wellington made with steak that was kept this way. Yummy.

Soldato
C52-AF78-C-CC72-4704-BFEE-D904-F752-B17-D.jpg

So it took 3 and a half weeks to turn up but my corona savings have been invested...

Soldato
Mouse mat finally arrived after some heavy discussion with amazon, didnt even want an RGB mouse mat tbh but for some reason the RGB was cheaper than the normal so grabbed a bargain at only £15.71;

TbPFb1Rh.jpg

Also built the keyboard earlier this week and got the headset a month ago or so. Just need to wait for my usb c connectors to arrive so I can finish my coiled cable for the keyboard.

EDIT: Yes I did straighten up the mousemat after this photo

Soldato
From what I understand, USB Mics can carry a very small to small amount of noise - I imagine for most people its negligible. Which is a reason to go XLR with Preamp. But I imagine the majority for stuff like meetings, streaming etc (depending on the stream) would be totally fine with a USB Mic :)
Which shock mount did you buy to fit the RODE PSA1 please? :)

Back
Top Bottom