Does anyone else no longer recognise the tech community?

Soldato
I use cans, Audio Technica m50x's. I've had them over 5 years now & the only reason I replaced the cable was because I got it trapped in a car door.

I'd expect to get 5+ years out of headphones like that, wireless I'd expect more like 3 years. After that I'd probably just want to upgrade to a newer model, where as those Audio Technica's won't really get outdated in a meaningful way

Man of Honour
I don't think =XDC=FluphyBunny was being baited, the OP genuinely believes his nonsense :p
Oh I know, I agree. The GIF was a bad choice. I had to think thrice about posting it, as I knew people would think I meant it in the traditional bait way. I really just wanted a pointing up GIF and that wasn't awful. I even purposefully found a shortened version, cut before the speech and with no caption :p that'll teach me.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Surely being tangled in a wire is more faff than simply putting headphones on and pressing play though? I’ve never understood this over-egging of how much ‘faff’ Bluetooth is given it’s actually much simpler and easier than a wired set of headphones! And the whole ‘but you have to charge them’ doesn’t make sense either. A device you occasionally have to plug in to charge is definitely more desirable than a device you ALWAYS have to plug in.

Not really, when you have multiple devices that do the same thing and 9/10 it never connects to the one you want it to.... So instead you have to go via menu after menu, wait for the device to catch up... When all you could have done is untangle your headphones and plug in at the same time or whatever lead it may be. Simply you need both :)

Soldato
I've never used good in ear noise cancelling 'true' wireless headphones - that'd be a game changer. Compared with some few years old Bose quiet comfort's I've not been impressed with any of the bluetooth versions. One day they'll shrink the electronics and power required - and a few years after that until the price comes to a point I'm willing to bear!

Soldato
Not really, when you have multiple devices that do the same thing and 9/10 it never connects to the one you want it to.... So instead you have to go via menu after menu, wait for the device to catch up... When all you could have done is untangle your headphones and plug in at the same time or whatever lead it may be. Simply you need both :)

On my Sony headphones I hold down the power button to put them in pairing mode, swipe down on my phone screen, press and hold the Bluetooth icon and select the headphones. It takes literally less than 10 seconds. That's about the same time as untangling some wires.

That's for when they're already paired to something else. It's trivial.

Associate
I'd point out that there are plenty of mobile phone enthusiasts and consumers in the relevant forums and that General Discussion probably isn't the sort of place to ask this question.

Also, I think most people here are just tech savvy and realise when they're being sold a load of guff by phone manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom