1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else no longer recognise the tech community?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrochester, May 27, 2020.

1. Roar87

Soldato

I'd expect to get 5+ years out of headphones like that, wireless I'd expect more like 3 years. After that I'd probably just want to upgrade to a newer model, where as those Audio Technica's won't really get outdated in a meaningful way

2. james.miller

Capodecina

^^^^.

3. aardvark

Sgarrista

i'm still using the same vacuum cleaner i've had for the last 30 years - nothing wrong with it, works perfectly fine.

4. Junglist

Soldato

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited to get our cordless Dyson. It seems turning 30 hit me in ways I never dared to realise.

5. aardvark

Sgarrista

you tech enthusiast you!

6. Junglist

Soldato

Or just a fool who likes things that appear to look cool... :p

7. Zefan

Don

[​IMG]

8. ubersonic

Capodecina

I don't think =XDC=FluphyBunny was being baited, the OP genuinely believes his nonsense :p

9. Zefan

Don

Oh I know, I agree. The GIF was a bad choice. I had to think thrice about posting it, as I knew people would think I meant it in the traditional bait way. I really just wanted a pointing up GIF and that wasn't awful. I even purposefully found a shortened version, cut before the speech and with no caption :p that'll teach me.

10. SPG

Soldato

Not really, when you have multiple devices that do the same thing and 9/10 it never connects to the one you want it to.... So instead you have to go via menu after menu, wait for the device to catch up... When all you could have done is untangle your headphones and plug in at the same time or whatever lead it may be. Simply you need both :)

11. Dave M

Soldato

I've never used good in ear noise cancelling 'true' wireless headphones - that'd be a game changer. Compared with some few years old Bose quiet comfort's I've not been impressed with any of the bluetooth versions. One day they'll shrink the electronics and power required - and a few years after that until the price comes to a point I'm willing to bear!

12. FishFluff

Soldato

On my Sony headphones I hold down the power button to put them in pairing mode, swipe down on my phone screen, press and hold the Bluetooth icon and select the headphones. It takes literally less than 10 seconds. That's about the same time as untangling some wires.

That's for when they're already paired to something else. It's trivial.

13. Sheff

Wise Guy

I'd point out that there are plenty of mobile phone enthusiasts and consumers in the relevant forums and that General Discussion probably isn't the sort of place to ask this question.

Also, I think most people here are just tech savvy and realise when they're being sold a load of guff by phone manufacturers.