Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Xiaomi 4k ultra short throw laser projector
Native 4k resolution
5000 lumens
3000:1 contrast
25000 hour laser life
Projects a 110" inch picture if approx 30cm away from the wall

Just need to spend the £1k to get the ALR screen :(

I have the one before this and use it easily 8 hours a day and have done for over a year. No need for a expensive fancy screen I got one you build yourself its amazing. Can get you a link if you want.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I hate you.

I heard this a lot today :p :D

I just bought a standalone unit as it's a rental and we have no such fittings! It's OK tbf but the house is so well insulated (they love their concrete) that it traps the heat!

I had one of those in the UK - did the job for what it was. For here this is an investment both for myself and the property!

Caporegime
Yea man 100% with you! When we eventually find the place we want to purchase, we'll be doing the same without doubt! It just gets too hot and you can't sleep! I hate waking up soaked!

Too many comments to this :p haha

The guys just told me all went fine with no issues and one guy is ferrying tools back to the van while the other is finishing up on the outside unit. Nearly time to give this a go :cool:

Caporegime
TBH if the apartment was not provisioned for it already I don't think I would have done it. Just too much mess and hassle channeling walls and whatnot.

But now, any place going forward, must be provisioned for AC :p

Soldato
TBH if the apartment was not provisioned for it already I don't think I would have done it. Just too much mess and hassle channeling walls and whatnot.

But now, any place going forward, must be provisioned for AC :p

I might look into it, for the back bedroom (Office) and the lounge I think it could be good. One unit outside and 2 units inside. Render + Breeze blocks so they can be channeled through pretty easily, + power source nearby.

For any competent installer I think mine should be a bit of a doddle :D

Caporegime
OK - all done. We have lift off :D

I am dead chuffed, the units are quiet. Temp displayed via LEDs behind the plastic so nice and clean when they're not on (and when on tbf) the guys were great. Overall, happy Jake :D

Associate
I hate you.

I just bought a standalone unit as it's a rental and we have no such fittings! It's OK tbf but the house is so well insulated (they love their concrete) that it traps the heat!

My flat is made of solid concrete, I find that it's the worst of both worlds. Cold as hell in the winter and sweltering in the summer :(. Got a portable AC to offset the heat in our bedroom at least. Costs a small fortune to run but better than being unable to sleep for weeks on end.

Soldato
Le Crue? All of my kitchen stuff is from there - great products.

What makes them so special? We're about to get our first house and my partner is obsessed with getting a casserole dish and a few of their other bits. I've been left to the technology but I wince when I see the prices! The coffee mugs do look nice though

They have them in an outlet near us but even there they still seem expensive!

Soldato
Ah when normality returns we'll hopefully be in the house by then and may just take a trip to the Outlet in Swindon. Though I'm not sure if they'd work with the induction hob but it's not like it's new technology so can't see why not

just had a look at that skillet! :eek: Definitely an outlet job for me :p

Soldato
What makes them so special? We're about to get our first house and my partner is obsessed with getting a casserole dish and a few of their other bits. I've been left to the technology but I wince when I see the prices! The coffee mugs do look nice though

They're very well made and they look nice. If you want a (much) cheaper alternative that's 95% as good check out Vogue on Nisbets. It's what most restaurants use.

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/vogue-orange-oval-casserole-dish-5ltr/gh311 - £61 VS.

https://www.johnlewis.com/le-creuse...SJQ-FUBDWzYtrplVq4BoCzVsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds £260

Soldato

Very good quality, easy to clean etc. Take for example oven/baking trays - they'd typically slowly deteriorate until I binned them. The Le Crue ones don't. Clean them (easily) and they're as good as new. Same for the pots/pans.

Whether they're worth the money though is hard to judge - that's a value call really isn't it? I think they are, so I stick with them.

Back
Top Bottom