Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
They're very well made and they look nice. If you want a (much) cheaper alternative that's 95% as good check out Vogue on Nisbets. It's what most restaurants use.

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/vogue-orange-oval-casserole-dish-5ltr/gh311 - £61 VS.

https://www.johnlewis.com/le-creuse...SJQ-FUBDWzYtrplVq4BoCzVsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds £260

Ooph! That is a big saving and at a fraction of the cost! We shouldn't complain too much as we have several thousand pounds worth of John Lewis vouchers to spend so could treat ourselves but that's too much of a saving to pass up. Thanks for the link! Sending it to the 'boss' now.

Very good quality, easy to clean etc. Take for example oven/baking trays - they'd typically slowly deteriorate until I binned them. The Le Crue ones don't. Clean them (easily) and they're as good as new. Same for the pots/pans.

Whether they're worth the money though is hard to judge - that's a value call really isn't it? I think they are, so I stick with them.

I've always heard they're great quality but I suppose I've never really cared about kitchen ware until now that I'm going to actually own one. Better to buy once and forget about it rather than buying every few months I suppose

Soldato
What makes them so special? We're about to get our first house and my partner is obsessed with getting a casserole dish and a few of their other bits. I've been left to the technology but I wince when I see the prices! The coffee mugs do look nice though

They have them in an outlet near us but even there they still seem expensive!
Nothing makes them special. But then you already knew that. Get some not overpriced for like £15- £20 and you’ll be set for years. Ignore the turd burglars that say otherwise

Soldato
Le Crue? All of my kitchen stuff is from there - great products.

Yup. It's my first purchase from them, but I'm definitely not seeing it be my last. I really enjoy food and cooking, so it's definitely worth the investment. A huge amount of their range is pointless to me though, so I'd never purchase stuff like crepe pans, casserole dishes, etc. A lot of their little trinket items are pretty cool too, although some things like spatulas appear to be like the snake oil power cables in another part of these forums. :D

Soldato
Ooph! That is a big saving and at a fraction of the cost! We shouldn't complain too much as we have several thousand pounds worth of John Lewis vouchers to spend so could treat ourselves but that's too much of a saving to pass up. Thanks for the link! Sending it to the 'boss' now.

No worries, their non-stick frying pans are great too for £12-13. They last a good 18-24 months in a professional setting, being used 20-30 times a day.

Caporegime
When it comes to cast iron grill pans - I got mine a pre-seasoned one from Amazon for like 20-30 quid? its not as pretty as the one above. But they are literally advertised as indestructible, so you only buy one and look after it, will last longer than you. I like the look of some le crue stuff but I couldn't stomach the cost of the brand.

Soldato
Well for what it's worth we have been cooking on naff stuff for the last year or so! We only really own one decent Tefal frying pan everything else was probably <£40 for the entire set!

I can take or leave cooking at the moment but I think it's something I'll be able to get into given a nice space to cook.

Soldato
TK Maxx always has Le Cruset stuff in. Often the colours aren't great but the prices are very appealing.

I could spend a fortune on cooking/serve-wear, I just spent £30 on two 100ml pouring jugs from Etsy though. They are so very pretty.

Soldato
TK Maxx always has Le Cruset stuff in. Often the colours aren't great but the prices are very appealing.

I could spend a fortune on cooking/serve-wear, I just spent £30 on two 100ml pouring jugs from Etsy though. They are so very pretty.

Was there ever a time in your youth when you thought you'd say a sentence like that about some pouring jugs? :p

Associate
Is this also compatible with USB-C devices? I want something that covers my work Surface Book 2 and a future laptop upgrade (currently surface pro 4.).
It'll work with any Thunderbolt 3 device, commonplace on Macs for a few years now but much less so on PCs. It has to be a TB3 port on the device and not merely USB-C. Basically a USB-C device will work through a Thunderbolt port, but not the other way round as TB3 is a more advanced tech.

The Surface Book 2 does NOT have a Thunderbolt 3 port, so it wouldn't work with that.

Man of Honour
Time to do WiFi properly

IMG-20200604-104653.jpg
I use BT's equivalent. But after dotting several of them around the house it fixed all of my dead spots. At the time I wondered if it was worth spending money on something which didn't really offer me any features above my current wifi. But I am really glad I got them now.

Associate
Unfortunately the Surface Book doesn't have Thunderbolt. It only has standard non-TB USBC ports.
It'll work with any Thunderbolt 3 device, commonplace on Macs for a few years now but much less so on PCs. It has to be a TB3 port on the device and not merely USB-C. Basically a USB-C device will work through a Thunderbolt port, but not the other way round as TB3 is a more advanced tech.

The Surface Book 2 does NOT have a Thunderbolt 3 port, so it wouldn't work with that.

Thanks both - got the point on the SB2 however, my question was directly relating to the dock.

My reading indicated that not all TB3 docks will work with USB-C only devices.

Soldato
Hear that - I don't particuarly care about kitchen stuff either, it isn't particularly interesting! I do like quality stuff though regardless of what it is. I guess it just ticks those boxes.

Associate
Does it need to be Thunderbolt? You can get USB-C docks with power delivery, no Thunderbolt needed.

Which is probably the route I may end up going.

I currently have;

• Work supplied Surface Book 2 with USB-C
  • Surface Pro 4 with nothing (Mini Display-port)
I'm looking to upgrade my Surface Pro 4 in the future and either will pick up a Surface device (Pro 7 or Laptop 3, both of which has USB-C only) or a ThinkPad with TB3. Just trying to future proof if my work laptop changes as well.

Soldato

I currently have;

I'm looking to upgrade my Surface Pro 4 in the future and either will pick up a Surface device (Pro 7 or Laptop 3, both of which has USB-C only) or a ThinkPad with TB3. Just trying to future proof if my work laptop changes as well.
If you get USB-C it's at least convertible - I've used adapters from A to C successfully on older devices without C. Though it won't do Power Delivery.

Associate
If you get USB-C it's at least convertible - I've used adapters from A to C successfully on older devices without C. Though it won't do Power Delivery.

Yes, I think its the way to go. Not sure I would actually make use of the speed of TB3 anyway. I only have 1080p, 75hz screens for example.

Associate

I currently have;

Go for a USB-C hub with PD in that case. USB-C is backwards compatible with TB3 ports so it'll work the same, just with less bandwidth. In honesty TB3 only really shines if you're using SSD external storage/external GPUs etc, stuff that requires the mega bandwidth it can utilise.

Back
Top Bottom